Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Password protected

Password protected

Queenie

Hi-- Is there a way to get into a pc that is password protected if one does
not know the password?

Evan Platt

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:49:11 -0400, "Queenie" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi-- Is there a way to get into a pc that is password protected if one does
>not know the password?

BIOS? Operating System? What password WHERE?

Old Gringo

Queenie wrote:
> Hi-- Is there a way to get into a pc that is password protected if one does
> not know the password?

Looking for an accomplice?

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

pcbutts1

Yes.

"Queenie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ngd9e.7246$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi-- Is there a way to get into a pc that is password protected if one
> does not know the password?

John Holmes

Queenie asked in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Hi-- Is there a way to get into a pc that is password protected if one
> does not know the password?

You don't need a password to get into a PC. You'll find 4 (sometimes 6)
screws on the back of the machine. Undo them, take off the cover and you're
in.

--
- John Holmes -

" I ain't no **** "

\|/

Queenie

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:49:11 -0400, "Queenie" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi-- Is there a way to get into a pc that is password protected if one
>>does
>>not know the password?

> BIOS? Operating System? What password WHERE?
> --
> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

The pc is running Windows xp. It requires a password to sign on to the
pooter.

Queenie

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Krd9e.446$%(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Queenie wrote:
>> Hi-- Is there a way to get into a pc that is password protected if one
>> does not know the password?

> Looking for an accomplice?
>
> --
> Old Gringo George
> Magic Weaver Of Life
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>

LOL! No thank you. I like to be "bad" all by myself.

Paul S

John Holmes wrote:
> Queenie asked in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>

>>Hi-- Is there a way to get into a pc that is password protected if one
>>does not know the password?
>>

> You don't need a password to get into a PC. You'll find 4 (sometimes 6)
> screws on the back of the machine. Undo them, take off the cover and you're
> in.

Then just plug the HD into another machine and you have access to the files.

--
See what I am selling (if you have nothing better to do that is!!!):
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Smarter-org-uk

John Holmes

Paul S asked in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> John Holmes wrote:
>> Queenie asked in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>

>>>Hi-- Is there a way to get into a pc that is password protected if
>>>one does not know the password?
>>>

>> You don't need a password to get into a PC. You'll find 4 (sometimes
>> 6) screws on the back of the machine. Undo them, take off the cover
>> and you're in.
>>

> Then just plug the HD into another machine and you have access to the
> files.

Why are you telling me, you insane mass of rancid hog livers?

--
- John Holmes -

" I ain't no **** "

\|/

scwish

works great.
there are many linux based solutions out there but i know this one
works.