Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > untitled document website

untitled document website

jw 111

Hi, I have recently put a website on the web using dreamweaver. When looking
at the site, the top blue bar connected to the Windows screen border
displays:

'Untitled Document - Microsoft Internet Explorer'

I'm unsure whether it's something that needs to be altered in dreamweaver,
or at the webhost, but how do I change this so that it comes up with the
address of my website instead?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Manny Toeman

jw 111 wrote:
> Hi, I have recently put a website on the web using dreamweaver. When looking
> at the site, the top blue bar connected to the Windows screen border
> displays:
>
> 'Untitled Document - Microsoft Internet Explorer'
>
> I'm unsure whether it's something that needs to be altered in dreamweaver,
> or at the webhost, but how do I change this so that it comes up with the
> address of my website instead?
>

> Thanks for any help you can offer.

In the html source code or in dreamweaver, make sure you have
<title>your title</title> in it.

WormWood

Edit the page and give it a name. Don't expect to find the url in the
description line of the browser.

"jw 111" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ci99e.6976$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have recently put a website on the web using dreamweaver. When
> looking at the site, the top blue bar connected to the Windows screen
> border displays:
>
> 'Untitled Document - Microsoft Internet Explorer'
>
> I'm unsure whether it's something that needs to be altered in
> dreamweaver, or at the webhost, but how do I change this so that it
> comes up with the address of my website instead?
>

> Thanks for any help you can offer.

why?

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:17:28 GMT, jw 111 wrote:

>Hi, I have recently put a website on the web using dreamweaver. When looking
>at the site, the top blue bar connected to the Windows screen border
>displays:
>
>'Untitled Document - Microsoft Internet Explorer'
>
>I'm unsure whether it's something that needs to be altered in dreamweaver,
>or at the webhost, but how do I change this so that it comes up with the
>address of my website instead?

<title>My site title is something</title>

In DW who knows? Try the Help / Setting something in page properties.

NG alt.html. There are also some HTML editor newsgroups.

Me

Blinky the Shark

Manny Toeman wrote:
> jw 111 wrote:
>> Hi, I have recently put a website on the web using dreamweaver. When looking
>> at the site, the top blue bar connected to the Windows screen border
>> displays:

>> 'Untitled Document - Microsoft Internet Explorer'

>> I'm unsure whether it's something that needs to be altered in dreamweaver,
>> or at the webhost, but how do I change this so that it comes up with the
>> address of my website instead?

>> Thanks for any help you can offer.

> In the html source code or in dreamweaver, make sure you have
><title>your title</title> in it.

....in the <head> section.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263