Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Search for free VHDL

Search for free VHDL

Martin Thompson

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I am a newbie in vhdl and looking for a vhdl simulator.
> MAX+PLUSII seems to be a very good choice, but recently,

Max plus II is not a VHDL simulator. The VHDL synthesis with MP2 is
buggy also.
<snip>

> Are there any other good free simulators I can download ?

Well, Xilinx have a free version that is severely limited in
performance, but is probably OK for initial educational use.

Otherwise try a google for free vhdl simulator

Cheers,
Martin

TRW Conekt, Solihull, UK
http://www.trw.com/conekt

valentin tihomirov

I applied to Altera several mothes ago and they responded fast, within one
week. There were a problem with Simplify, I was waiting more than a month. I
think, ActiveHDL is perfect for educational and other use.

Mike Treseler

Alan wrote:
> I am a newbie in vhdl and looking for a vhdl simulator.
> MAX+PLUSII seems to be a very good choice, but recently,
> I applied for its license file THREE TIMES and have been waiting
> for nearly two weeks AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE LICENSE FILE
> to come.

> Are there any other good free simulators I can download ?

Yes. It's at the end of your own posting.

>>>You can download the default/free linux version of sonata
>>>and evaluate it for yourself.

Sonata has downloads for windows or linux.

-- Mike Treseler

Alan

"Mike Treseler" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alan wrote:
> > I am a newbie in vhdl and looking for a vhdl simulator.
> > MAX+PLUSII seems to be a very good choice, but recently,
> > I applied for its license file THREE TIMES and have been waiting
> > for nearly two weeks AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE LICENSE FILE
> > to come.

> > Are there any other good free simulators I can download ?

> Yes. It's at the end of your own posting.

I don't think so. Because when I applied it the second time
it was already THREE DAYS after my first apply. It was the other
three days when I applied it the third time.
After you apply a licensing file, Altera will tell you thay it may take
12 hours for the file to reach you due to internet traffic. Someone
told me that half an hour after he applied for the licensing file,
he got it. Someone even said it just told a few minutes.
If it takes more than three days for an automatic internet licensing
system to respond, it would be better if the system is handled by
human hands.

> Sonata has downloads for windows or linux.
>
> -- Mike Treseler

Mike Treseler

Alan wrote:

>>Yes. It's at the end of your own posting.

> I don't think so.
> After you apply a licensing file, Altera will tell you thay it may take

Simili/sonata has nothing to do with Altera,
and requires no licence file for the free version.

http://www.symphonyeda.com/proddownloads.htm

-- Mike Treseler