Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Increase Dial Up Speed!

Increase Dial Up Speed!

Az

Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband connection as
my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!

Any programs?

steves-place@bigun.serverbox.org

"Az" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:n9W8e.6737$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband connection as
> my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!
>
> Any programs?

nope but broadband is no more difficalt to setup than your modem and for
only 17 quid a month is well worth it

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Az wrote:
> Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband connection as
> my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!
>
> Any programs?

Plenty for sale. None that work.

philo

Az wrote:
> Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband connection as
> my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!
>
> Any programs?

if you have a 56k modem...there isn't anything you can do to speed up
the connection...
but there are apps to lower your graphics resolution...
to get browser pages to load quicker...
of course they won't look as good...

as far as broadband is concerned...
all you need is a $15 eithernet card
(or even a USB connection)

Duane Arnold

"Az" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:n9W8e.6737$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband connection as
> my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!
>
> Any programs?

http://www.programfiles.com/default.asp?LinkID=2211

I used it on my BB connection too. It did make a difference in the speed as
to how Web pages were being displayed on the screen. It should still work on
any NT based O/S and the last time I used it was on Win 2K Pro a couple of
years ago.

Duane

Miss Perspicacia Tick

> "Az" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:n9W8e.6737$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband
>> connection as my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!
>>
>> Any programs?
>>

> nope but broadband is no more difficalt to setup than your modem and
> for only 17 quid a month is well worth it

It's only 17pcm for 1GB per month usage - not enough for most (and
everything counts, newsgroup posts, emails, webpages, the lot - it isn't
just downloads). Are you really telling me you only download 34MB per day? I
get through that in about 5 minutes!

Evan Platt

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:38:04 GMT, "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>http://www.programfiles.com/default.asp?LinkID=2211

Hell no. That's all I gotta say.

Not without a disposable address.

Duane Arnold

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:38:04 GMT, "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>http://www.programfiles.com/default.asp?LinkID=2211

> Hell no. That's all I gotta say.

Like I actually care as to what you have to say?

I ran into opposition before about this so it's nothing new.

I work with and write web applications and know when the screens are being
displayed a little faster when things on the O/S have been configured to
allow it.

I put it out there knowing that some *clown* would rise-up.

Duane

Az

Tried the broadband thing and it doesnt work with my computer it just isnt
compatible! Read my first post people, lol.

I installed broadband once It deleted eerything and I had to reboot and
start all over again so not doing that again!

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MpY8e.12$(E-Mail Removed)-media.phx...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> "Az" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:n9W8e.6737$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Ok so how do I do this if I dont want to install a broadband
>>> connection as my computer isnt configured to handle broadband!
>>>
>>> Any programs?
>>>

>> nope but broadband is no more difficalt to setup than your modem and
>> for only 17 quid a month is well worth it

> It's only 17pcm for 1GB per month usage - not enough for most (and
> everything counts, newsgroup posts, emails, webpages, the lot - it isn't
> just downloads). Are you really telling me you only download 34MB per day?
> I get through that in about 5 minutes!
>
> --
> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

Duane Arnold

"Az" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UL89e.10896$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tried the broadband thing and it doesnt work with my computer it just isnt
> compatible! Read my first post people, lol.

What does BB have to do with your computer not working and BB is not
compatible with the computer? lol

> I installed broadband once It deleted eerything and I had to reboot and
> start all over again so not doing that again!

Is that right? You installed BB and it deleted everything -- that's a good
one.

Can you elaborate on this deletion that happened?

What are you talking about?

Duane