Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Broadband Speed

Broadband Speed

jim.macintyre@ntlworld.remove.com

My ISP has recently increased my broadband speed from 750kb to 2mb at no
extra cost. How can I measure this increase in speed? Is there somewhere
in Windows XP to check this or some software application I can download?
Many thanks in advance.

old john

hi jim, just google broadband speed test and ye shall find, best wishes..J

message news:YwS8e.11589$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My ISP has recently increased my broadband speed from 750kb to 2mb at no
> extra cost. How can I measure this increase in speed? Is there somewhere
> in Windows XP to check this or some software application I can download?
> Many thanks in advance.

"(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:YwS8e.11589$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My ISP has recently increased my broadband speed from 750kb to 2mb at
> no extra cost. How can I measure this increase in speed? Is there
> somewhere in Windows XP to check this or some software application I
> can download? Many thanks in advance.

www.mycooltools.com
(operated by VisualWare)

I believe you have to register with a valid e-mail address to login. So
use a disposable webmail account or an e-mail alias. I haven't received
any spam through that account but I don't see a need to divulge my real
e-mail address to use a supposedly free service.

You can also visit www.broadbandreports.com to run their tests.

** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.

Pilbs

http://www.broadbandspeedtest.net/

message news:YwS8e.11589$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My ISP has recently increased my broadband speed from 750kb to 2mb at no
> extra cost. How can I measure this increase in speed? Is there somewhere
> in Windows XP to check this or some software application I can download?
> Many thanks in advance.

George A Hamilton

why?

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:56:08 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

>My ISP has recently increased my broadband speed from 750kb to 2mb at no
>extra cost. How can I measure this increase in speed? Is there somewhere
>in Windows XP to check this or some software application I can download?
>Many thanks in advance.

A good site for BY & NTL CM issues.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.../techsupp.html

Several other tests (even 1 or 2 in the UK) mentioned in 24HSHD, search
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...pport.helpdesk

Me

ellis_jay

http://www.dslreports.com/tools

--
He released government from the restraint of law.
____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and

Ellis_Jay

old john

hi jim, they haven`t increased my speed from 750, how did you manage that ?,
my initials are JB, and you are JM (smiles)
best wishes..J

message news:YwS8e.11589$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My ISP has recently increased my broadband speed from 750kb to 2mb at no
> extra cost. How can I measure this increase in speed? Is there somewhere
> in Windows XP to check this or some software application I can download?
> Many thanks in advance.

CSimmons29

http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

"ellis_jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> My ISP has recently increased my broadband speed from 750kb to 2mb at
>> no extra cost. How can I measure this increase in speed? Is there
>> somewhere in Windows XP to check this or some software application I
>> can download? Many thanks in advance.

> http://www.dslreports.com/tools
>
> --
> He released government from the restraint of law.
> ____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and
> the Straussian neocons
>
> Ellis_Jay

Loz

Try this to upgrade

http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/e...cablemodem.php

"old john" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uEu9e.40879$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi jim, they haven`t increased my speed from 750, how did you manage that

?,