Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cannot Boot System??

Cannot Boot System??

philo

anon wrote:

>I am running Win2k. A week or so ago I got an MS update relating to my ATI
>video card. I did the update and since then have not been able to reboot my
>system. I just cycles every time I try to boot. I have even one as far as
>to replace the video card. I now have a Radeon 9600 Pro, but still no luck.
>I can't even seem to get the new software installed. I can get a SAFE boot,
>but that's as far as I get. Help??

from safe mode
go into the control panel and completely delete all instances of any
video cards
then reboot,
install the original (working) drivers...then keep away from any windows
updates for drivers

anon

I am running Win2k. A week or so ago I got an MS update relating to my ATI
video card. I did the update and since then have not been able to reboot my
system. I just cycles every time I try to boot. I have even one as far as
to replace the video card. I now have a Radeon 9600 Pro, but still no luck.
I can't even seem to get the new software installed. I can get a SAFE boot,
but that's as far as I get. Help??

JANA

You will have to run the repair from the original installation disk.

--

JANA
_____

"anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsvs8e.18512$Xm3.11011@trndny01...
I am running Win2k. A week or so ago I got an MS update relating to my ATI
video card. I did the update and since then have not been able to reboot my
system. I just cycles every time I try to boot. I have even one as far as
to replace the video card. I now have a Radeon 9600 Pro, but still no luck.
I can't even seem to get the new software installed. I can get a SAFE boot,
but that's as far as I get. Help??

John Holmes

JANA, the delusional ****tard, blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> You will have to run the repair from the original installation disk.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! JANA the Janatard strikes, yet again.

--
- John Holmes -

" I ain't no **** "

\|/

MrGrumpy

Do NOT use winupdate for drivers, use manu.web site only.
But then you've now discovered that!!