Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Word Problem

Word Problem

Joe

I'm trying to complete a document that was produced on another computer,
saved and installed on mine. However, it won't let me fill in all the boxes.
The cursor moves to the next allowable box. Is there any way via options
that I can have complete freedom to type wherever I want? many thanks.

#!

Joe wrote:

> I'm trying to complete a document that was produced on another computer,
> saved and installed on mine. However, it won't let me fill in all the
> boxes. The cursor moves to the next allowable box. Is there any way via
> options that I can have complete freedom to type wherever I want? many
> thanks.

RTFM

--
#!
I hate to see you go, but I LOVE to watch you leave.

Joe

Wow!! Never thought of that!!!

Now, any sensible person over the mental age of 12 got a solution?

"#!" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
> Joe wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to complete a document that was produced on another computer,
>> saved and installed on mine. However, it won't let me fill in all the
>> boxes. The cursor moves to the next allowable box. Is there any way via
>> options that I can have complete freedom to type wherever I want? many
>> thanks.

> RTFM
>
> --
> #!
> I hate to see you go, but I LOVE to watch you leave.

JANA

You have to disregard the share of "rectums" that hang out on these news
groups. If you ignore them, they usually disappear for a while. But, like
house flies, you never know when they are back.

--

Was the version of Word that created the form, a newer version, and the
author used some more advanced features?

Did the author use any macro programming, or script type programming in its
creation, and the computer you are using does not have these installed?

I found some links, that are a bit detailed about Word, and forms. There may
be some information there. I did not go through them in detail.

About Word forms:
http://www.bloodjournal.org/misc/web...ructions.shtml

Article about creating forms in Word:
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/forms.htm

--

Troubleshooting MS Word:

http://search.microsoft.com/search/r...roubleshooting

--

JANA
_____

news:4262557c$0$287$(E-Mail Removed)...
Wow!! Never thought of that!!!

Now, any sensible person over the mental age of 12 got a solution?

"#!" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
> Joe wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to complete a document that was produced on another computer,
>> saved and installed on mine. However, it won't let me fill in all the
>> boxes. The cursor moves to the next allowable box. Is there any way via
>> options that I can have complete freedom to type wherever I want? many
>> thanks.

> RTFM
>
> --
> #!
> I hate to see you go, but I LOVE to watch you leave.

TJ

Joe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Wow!! Never thought of that!!!

Nor a few other things, evidently.

> Now, any sensible person over the mental age of 12 got a solution?

Perhaps if you dropped the attitude, and made a more sensible post?

> "#!" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message

>> Joe wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to complete a document that was produced on another
>>> computer, saved and installed on mine.

In what format is this document? Or is everybody just supposed to see the
word, "Word" in the subject line, and automatically *assume* you're
referring to a .doc file? What version of 'MS Word' (if any) created this
document? What version are you trying to edit it with?

>>> However, it won't let me
>>> fill in all the boxes. The cursor moves to the next allowable box.

The above makes absolutely no sense. If the cursor moves to the next
"allowable box" (whatever that means) can you not then, enter information
into said box? I mean, you should be able to, what with it being
"allowable" and all. Or? Are you trying to say that some boxes are
"allowable", while other boxes are not? If that's the case? What *are*
these "unallowed" boxes? Forms? Tables? Place holders for pictures that
weren't sent with the document?

>>> Is there any way via options that I can have complete freedom to
>>> type wherever I want? many thanks.

Given the content of your original post, you were supplied with the best
possible answer. I've taken the liberty of leaving it intact for you,
below.

>> RTFM

Joe

Thanks, Jana. I'll check these out.
"JANA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You have to disregard the share of "rectums" that hang out on these news
> groups. If you ignore them, they usually disappear for a while. But, like
> house flies, you never know when they are back.
>
> --
>
> Was the version of Word that created the form, a newer version, and the
> author used some more advanced features?
>
> Did the author use any macro programming, or script type programming in
> its
> creation, and the computer you are using does not have these installed?
>
> I found some links, that are a bit detailed about Word, and forms. There
> may
> be some information there. I did not go through them in detail.
>

> About Word forms:
> http://www.bloodjournal.org/misc/web...ructions.shtml
>
> Article about creating forms in Word:
> http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/forms.htm
>
> --
>
> Troubleshooting MS Word:
>
> http://search.microsoft.com/search/r...roubleshooting
>

> --
>
> JANA
> _____
>

> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4262557c$0$287$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wow!! Never thought of that!!!
>
> Now, any sensible person over the mental age of 12 got a solution?
>

> "#!" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
>> Joe wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to complete a document that was produced on another computer,
>>> saved and installed on mine. However, it won't let me fill in all the
>>> boxes. The cursor moves to the next allowable box. Is there any way via
>>> options that I can have complete freedom to type wherever I want? many
>>> thanks.

>> RTFM
>>
>> --
>> #!
>> I hate to see you go, but I LOVE to watch you leave.

Joe

TJ, I understand your sentiments, but if you're a regular reader of this NG,
then you'll know that our contributor by the name of #! is a rather
obnoxious individual. He has no interest in helping people with their
problems, but gets his kicks from rather outdated humour. Hence I assume he
is rather mentally immature.
"TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Joe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Wow!! Never thought of that!!!

> Nor a few other things, evidently.
>
>> Now, any sensible person over the mental age of 12 got a solution?

> Perhaps if you dropped the attitude, and made a more sensible post?
>
>> "#!" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message

> In what format is this document? Or is everybody just supposed to see the
> word, "Word" in the subject line, and automatically *assume* you're
> referring to a .doc file? What version of 'MS Word' (if any) created this
> document? What version are you trying to edit it with?

> The above makes absolutely no sense. If the cursor moves to the next
> "allowable box" (whatever that means) can you not then, enter information
> into said box? I mean, you should be able to, what with it being
> "allowable" and all. Or? Are you trying to say that some boxes are
> "allowable", while other boxes are not? If that's the case? What *are*
> these "unallowed" boxes? Forms? Tables? Place holders for pictures that
> weren't sent with the document?

> Given the content of your original post, you were supplied with the best
> possible answer. I've taken the liberty of leaving it intact for you,
> below.
>
>>> RTFM

#!

Joe wrote:

> TJ, I understand your sentiments,

No you dont.

> but if you're a regular reader of this
> NG, then you'll know that our contributor by the name of #! is a rather
> obnoxious individual.

Thank you.

> He has no interest in helping people with their
> problems,

Liar, you just dont like the way the help is "delivered"

> but gets his kicks from rather outdated humour.

Hey hey, whats pink and don't fit??

A dead epilleptic

> Hence I assume
> he is rather mentally immature.

But i know how to RTFM

--
#!

#! <nospam@****--you.com> wrote:

> Joe wrote:
>
>> TJ, I understand your sentiments,

> No you dont.

Correct. He doesn't. So I'll expand a little on my sentiments, not than
anyone gives a ****. Nor should they.

>> but if you're a regular reader of this
>> NG,

Which I am, though I don't post very much.

>> then you'll know that our contributor by the name of #! is a
>> rather obnoxious individual.

You forgot to add, "who, like K-man and other so-called trolls, provides the
correct information in reply to pretty-much *any* question that makes sense,
and to which the answer is not blatantly obvious." IF (and it's a big IF)
one is capable of reading between the lines, that is.

> Thank you.
>
>> He has no interest in helping people with their
>> problems,

> Liar, you just dont like the way the help is "delivered"

Spot on. Seems that's the norm. Everybody wants the answers spoon-fed to
them along with a nice cup of tea. Cracks me up. They can set-up a
newsreader and find this group, yet can't figure out how to use Google,
which is where I'd guess at least 75% of the "answers" here get cut and
pasted from. Probably why I don't post much. I read this group mainly for
the entertainment value, and it's generally quite fulfilling in that area.

>> but gets his kicks from rather outdated humour.

> Hey hey, whats pink and don't fit??
>
> A dead epilleptic

Pink? I've never seen a pink, dead, anything. Then again? I've never seen
K-man's pickled dick.

Surely it's not pink?

>> Hence I assume
>> he is rather mentally immature.

That's been your problem from the start. You make too many assumptions.
First you assumed everybody would know what you were talking about when you
said you were having trouble editing some unspecified "document", and now
this.

> But i know how to RTFM

RTFM is good. Drugs are bad. Ummmmm-K?

Joe

Ah well, early night children. School tomorrow.