Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AutoPlay CD ROM

AutoPlay CD ROM

Hannis

Hi,
Whenever I put in a CD in my CD ROM drive, the CD ROM does not display
anything at all. I can only let it run by clicking the CD ROM drive either
in "MY COMPUTER" or "WINDOWS EXPLORER".
Can any body please tell me how to configure so that whenever a CD is
inserted the drive will react automatically.
OS is Windows XP Pro. SP2
Thanks.

--
Hannis

Dave Lear

"Hannis" wrote in message news:425fea66$0$57943$(E-Mail Removed)

> Whenever I put in a CD in my CD ROM drive, the CD ROM does
> not display anything at all. I can only let it run by clicking the CD ROM
> drive either in "MY COMPUTER" or "WINDOWS EXPLORER".
> Can any body please tell me how to configure so that whenever a
> CD is inserted the drive will react automatically.
> OS is Windows XP Pro. SP2

The AutoPlay Function Does Not Work and the Current Media Does Not Appear in
My Computer When You Insert a CD or DVD
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817357

CSimmons29

this may work...
Enable Autoplay with TweakUI
Download the updated Windows XP PowerToys
Open TweakUI.
Click My Computer, click AutoPlay, then click Types.
Select Enable Autoplay for removable drives.