Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Powerpoint

Powerpoint

Trevor Smith

I need to view something which has been sent to me with Powerpoint. My
computer (windows xp) does not appear to have this. Can anyone let me know
how to obtain Powerpoint?

Thanks

Trevor Smith

Dave Lear

"Trevor Smith" wrote in message
news:tnJ7e.31640$(E-Mail Removed)

> I need to view something which has been sent to me with Powerpoint.
> My computer (windows xp) does not appear to have this. Can anyone
> let me know how to obtain Powerpoint?

Microsoft PowerPoint is licensed software, i.e. you need to pay for it. You
can buy it separately or as part of Microsoft Office. Alternatively, if you
just need to be able to view / print the presentation you've been sent then
you can download and install the free PowerPoint Viewer...

PowerPoint Viewer 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...7-A94784AF71A4

Keme

Trevor Smith wrote:
> I need to view something which has been sent to me with Powerpoint. My
> computer (windows xp) does not appear to have this. Can anyone let me know
> how to obtain Powerpoint?
>
> Thanks
>
> Trevor Smith

The MS viewers are nice, compact utilities. If you want to open the
presentation for editing but don't want to pay the MS office price, you
can download OpenOffice for free. It hasn't failed me once on opening MS
office documents, though the powerpoint presentation rendering isn't
always perfect (neither is the rendering of other document types).

In a few ways the OpenOffice package shows its "cheap" nature, with
simpler templates and some "clunky" features. Still, it is not much the
lesser compared to MS Office. In some respects it is even better (though
that often depends on personal taste):

- It runs on Win98, which the latest MS Office suites will not do. (An
open source product more MS compatible than current MS products!)
- It seems to have better national language support in some areas.
- It uses less disk space (current SW footprint, with DB interface,
about equals MS Office standard, which is without a proper DB interface
AFAIK. Document sizes I've seen average approx. 50% of equivalent MS
Office documents).
- The drawing tool.

Check it out at http://www.openoffice.org

how to use powerpoint & getin started............ =?Utf-8?B?MTAwJWJvcmljdWE=?= Microsoft Certification 4 11-14-2007 08:54 PM
Powerpoint =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpcA==?= Microsoft Certification 2 11-18-2005 03:33 AM
PowerPoint Bob Microsoft Certification 0 09-08-2004 04:46 AM
powerpoint al Microsoft Certification 0 01-22-2004 01:58 PM
Powerpoint question Suzy Microsoft Certification 0 09-30-2003 04:27 PM

Advertisments