Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Powerpoint Help

Powerpoint Help

Jeri

Can anyone tell me how to Edit with Powerpoint? I can only view.

Dave Lear

"Jeri" wrote in message news:4IE7e.26400$9i7.5350@trnddc04

> Can anyone tell me how to Edit with Powerpoint? I can only view.

With the limited information supplied...

Use PowerPoint (costs money) instead of looking at the .PPT file using the
PowerPoint Viewer (free download).

Blinky the Shark

Dave Lear wrote:

> "Jeri" wrote in message news:4IE7e.26400$9i7.5350@trnddc04

>> Can anyone tell me how to Edit with Powerpoint? I can only view.

> With the limited information supplied...

> Use PowerPoint (costs money) instead of looking at the .PPT file using
> the PowerPoint Viewer (free download).

An alternate (does not cost money) is the open source and
free-as-in-beer OpenOffice suite.

http://www.tutorialsforopenoffice.or...O_Impress.html

<q>

This tutorial converts Microsoft Powerpoint Presentations to Sun Office
or Open Office Presentations.

When opening a Powerpoint presentation using Open Office, the slide
transition settings do not always convert and are not applied. You will
need to manually set the transition settings using Open Office Impress
(Presentation).

Once you have set the transitions, you can save in MS Powerpoint format
and the transitions will work for both Powerpoint and Open Office
Presentations.

</q>

Available for download: http://www.openoffice.org/

(Also available for probably $10US or so at http://cheapbytes.com.)

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Now killing all posts originating at GoogleGroups

Jeri

Thanks
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Dave Lear wrote:
>
> > "Jeri" wrote in message news:4IE7e.26400$9i7.5350@trnddc04

> >> Can anyone tell me how to Edit with Powerpoint? I can only view.

> > With the limited information supplied...

> > Use PowerPoint (costs money) instead of looking at the .PPT file using
> > the PowerPoint Viewer (free download).

> An alternate (does not cost money) is the open source and
> free-as-in-beer OpenOffice suite.

http://www.tutorialsforopenoffice.or...o_OO_Impress.h
tml

Powerpoint help BH Computer Support 2 08-23-2007 05:06 PM
Help on Instal 'PowerPoint'... Bigbazza Computer Support 2 12-31-2006 07:44 AM
help with MS Powerpoint please....thnks Calypso Computer Support 3 12-01-2006 10:08 AM
HELP NEEDED WITH PowerPoint.Application Rick Watkins ASP .Net 0 02-26-2006 09:44 AM
powerpoint text extractor... Help! cstudent79 C Programming 4 10-14-2003 06:52 AM

Advertisments