Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > different accounts

different accounts

philip.martin6

Hi,

Is there any way that i can post messages on news groups using my hotmail
account??

Thanks,
Phil

Brian

Click on TOOLS. Then click ACCOUNTS. MAke sure the NEWS tab is selected,
highlight your newsserver. click PROPERTIES. Edit the address to your
hotmail in the E-MAIL ADDRESS location.

aloha

"philip.martin6" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2QC7e.19174$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way that i can post messages on news groups using my hotmail
> account??
>
> Thanks,
> Phil

Mike Easter

philip.martin6 wrote:
> Is there any way that i can post messages on news groups using my
> hotmail account??

You posted to this newsgroup with OE via ntl's newsserver with an ntl
email address exposed in the From.

If what you mean is, "Can I post messages like this without exposing my
ntl email address in the From? and/but instead provide access to a
valid hotmail email address?" -- then the answer is yes on both counts.

IMO it is better to not have a good address in the From at all; because
that is the most popular place for 'bots using XOVER to harvest to spam.
So showing a good ntl address there is not generally recommended;
altho' there are some who do not believe that anyone should do any
mungeing.

If you want to expose a hotmail address to make it very easy for some
human who is reading your post to send an email to the hotmail address,
then the best place to put that would be the Reply-To, in my opinion,
because that doesn't get harvested in the XOVER, so it is just as good
[or bad] as exposing an address in the body in the clear.

You configure your ntl news account in OE by using Tools/ Accounts/ News
tab - [select the ntl account] - Properties button/ General tab

Then, this is about how to configure the two lines Email address [which
goes in your From] and Reply address which ends up in a new Reply-To
line.

My opinion is that the From should be an invalid domain address munge,
such as http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid; and that your Reply-To can contain your
valid (E-Mail Removed).

--
Mike Easter