Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DVD Drive

DVD Drive

Henry Makampo

Hi All,
Today when I wanted to install a program from a CD Rom. the CD Rom drive
just kept showing "no response" error message.
I do not know where to look to cure this, a help will be much appreciated.

--
Hannis

JANA

Look in the hardware properties of your computer, under hardware device, to
see if the CD drive is reported to be working properly. If so, it is
possible that the drive has failed.

--

JANA
_____

"Henry Makampo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:425ec882$0$53025$(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi All,
Today when I wanted to install a program from a CD Rom. the CD Rom drive
just kept showing "no response" error message.
I do not know where to look to cure this, a help will be much appreciated.

--
Hannis

Zilva Zanga

"Henry Makampo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:425ec882$0$53025$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
> Today when I wanted to install a program from a CD Rom. the CD Rom drive
> just kept showing "no response" error message.
> I do not know where to look to cure this, a help will be much appreciated.
>
> --
> Hannis

Are you sure that the CD has something on it. If it's a burnt one than the
burn process may have failed.
Use your windows installation CD to test it. Assuming it's a legal CD it
must have valid files on it.