Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Question! Do I have a case for complaint?

Question! Do I have a case for complaint?

Baalrog

Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my card,
reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from the company
stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats my rights here, or
do I have none!
(In the UK)

--
Regards...........Ron..

Bob C

Post this to uk.legal.moderated for a more focused response, but go back to
the website and read their terms of business very carefully first.

> Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
> offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my card,
> reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from the company
> stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats my rights here,
> or do I have none!
> (In the UK)

MrGrumpy

If you got a confirmation of order/receipt that constitutes a contract to
supply.
Unless there is small print
I believe you will find some well known companies have been caught out by
this.

"Baalrog" <twixer@remove this.dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
> offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my card,
> reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from the company
> stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats my rights here,

or
> do I have none!
> (In the UK)
>
> --
> Regards...........Ron..

"Baalrog" <twixer@remove this.dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
> offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my
> card, reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from
> the company stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats
> my rights here, or do I have none!
> (In the UK)

Stopping the order because they "made a mistake". Yeah, that was clear
and detailed.

trout

Baalrog wrote:

> Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
> offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my
> card, reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from
> the company stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats
> my rights here, or do I have none!
> (In the UK)

A lot will depend upon where *they* are. Read all the fine print,
and look them up in a 'Whois', if necessary. They're presumably governed
by *their* local laws (or lack thereof).
--
And watch your credit card charges like a hawk. They *could* have just
been harvesting numbers.

Baalrog

No it was a recognised well known UK company!
> Baalrog wrote:
>
>> Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
>> offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my
>> card, reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from
>> the company stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats
>> my rights here, or do I have none!
>> (In the UK)

> A lot will depend upon where *they* are. Read all the fine print,
> and look them up in a 'Whois', if necessary. They're presumably governed
> by *their* local laws (or lack thereof).
> --
> And watch your credit card charges like a hawk. They *could* have just
> been harvesting numbers.

Tom - safercomputing.com

Baalrog wrote:

> Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
> offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my card,
> reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from the company
> stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats my rights here, or
> do I have none!
> (In the UK)

It depends on what kind of mistake.
and it depends if they gave you a full refund. (including service charges)

--

http://www.safercomputing.com <-- your source for Internet Security with
information on how to keep your system safe and spyware free.

Patrick Cleburne

"Baalrog" <twixer@remove this.dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
> offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my card,
> reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from the company
> stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats my rights here,
> or do I have none!
> (In the UK)
>
> --
> Regards...........Ron..

Since you Brits rolled over and allowed your government to take your guns
away, probably none

Cleburne

Baalrog

Ok Ok I understand some of the jokes, But this is a legit' UK company, who
stopped my order, refunded etc etc' all I was asking is if someone knew the
real facts they might let me know the correct course of action..
> Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
> offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my card,
> reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from the company
> stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats my rights here,
> or do I have none!
> (In the UK)
>
> --
> Regards...........Ron..

Old Gringo

Baalrog wrote:
> Hi all, recently I visited a web site, saw an excellent bargain being
> offered, placed an order, order accepted,money was debited from my card,
> reciept was generated and printed, 1 day later an e-mail from the company
> stopping my order saying they had made a mistake, whats my rights here, or
> do I have none!
> (In the UK)

If the price was to low on the web site, they probably have their
self covered for typeO's. If not, then a false advertising may come
into the picture. In any event Good Luck.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life