Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > install a umax scanner driver

install a umax scanner driver

jw 111

trying to install a umax scanner driver on to a windows 98 pc. the box says
you cannot install more than one program, and wont proceed.
i know that the scanner program was wiped off the pc before and I can see
not see any trace of it in add/remove programs.
any idea as to how to proceed to install it please? thanks

Livewire

In article <e4t6e.20143$(E-Mail Removed)>, blue.star77
@REMOOVEvirgin.net says...
> trying to install a umax scanner driver on to a windows 98 pc. the box says
> you cannot install more than one program, and wont proceed.
> i know that the scanner program was wiped off the pc before and I can see
> not see any trace of it in add/remove programs.
> any idea as to how to proceed to install it please? thanks

Probably one or more lurking Registry entries.

Try using Regedit and search for entries with Umax or Scanner. Then
delete each value.

BUT -- -- back up your Registry files first, or you might hit big big
problems.

Evan Platt

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:20:42 GMT, "jw 111"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>trying to install a umax scanner driver on to a windows 98 pc. the box says
>you cannot install more than one program, and wont proceed.

"You cannot install more than one program" or does it say something
else? I can't imagine that's what the error you get says.

>i know that the scanner program was wiped off the pc before and I can see
>not see any trace of it in add/remove programs.

What scanner program? Just because it's not in add/remove programs
doesn't mean it's been wiped.

>any idea as to how to proceed to install it please? thanks

Yes. Give us some more details, and exact errors.