Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > My Epson 1270 Fax won't work now that I'm using VOIP

My Epson 1270 Fax won't work now that I'm using VOIP

William Dickit

Hello,

I switched over to VOIP about a year and a half ago. I love the
service. The calls are perfect, and my telephone bill is almost
non-existent.

However my Epson 1270 doesn't work anymore. It pulls the paper in
about an inch and then freezes up.

I have Winfax Pro version 10.02 and an internal fax machine.I'm going
to try it now to see if it will work.

If it doesn't does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do?

Buy a new fax for hundreds of dollars that works with VOIP? OR try
some other method of faxxing?

I only send out about a half doxen per year.

WD

PC

"William Dickit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I switched over to VOIP about a year and a half ago. I love the
> service. The calls are perfect, and my telephone bill is almost
> non-existent.
>
> However my Epson 1270 doesn't work anymore. It pulls the paper in
> about an inch and then freezes up.
>

> I have Winfax Pro version 10.02 and an internal fax machine.I'm going
> to try it now to see if it will work.
>
> If it doesn't does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do?
>
> Buy a new fax for hundreds of dollars that works with VOIP? OR try
> some other method of faxxing?
>
> I only send out about a half doxen per year.
>
> WD

William

Did the printer stop working at the same time you installed VOIP ? or has it
stopped since.
Have you tried the printer on another PC?
Have your uninstalled your printer, restarted your PC then reinstalled ?
Did you follow the Install instructions for your printer software to the
letter? eg run CD first then connect printer (or whatever order the
instructions give)
Have you tried uninstalling VOIP and testing your Printer?
What is set as your 'Default' printer?
Are there other (redundant) printers installed?

Your 'Internal Fax Machine' will be the Fax capability built into your
'Modem'
You don't give your version of Windows but 2000 and XP have Fax capabilities
built in already so you can dump WinFax if it proves troublesome. Maybe
Winfax is causing your printer problems.

Paul.

Jonathan L. Segal

Paul you keep talking about Mr. Dickit's printer, but what he is
asking is how can he fax to the Internet directly and bypass his
modem?

He states that since he stopped using a regular phone line and
switched to VOIP neither his external, nor his internal fax machines
will work.

The "efax" program is the only thing available in the world today that
will do that, and it costs $12.95 a month to use the service.

If you don't fax often that might not be cost effective.