Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > respecting others

respecting others

Gary and Terrie Meerschaert

I have noted, and received, many posts that assume that I am an idiot.
While there may be several newbees on the list, it does not help to be
rude to them. Myself, I have over 25 years in computing and computer
science. I have run networks of Mainframe, Minis, Windows (NT in
particular), and several unix varients in a single network. I fully
understand the ins and outs of listserv and sendmail. The "oh! you are
so dumb" comments are part of the rudeness.

I am sure this will also generate a number of rude replies form posters
who know a little and think they know everything.

Blinky the Shark

Gary and Terrie Meerschaert wrote:

> I have noted, and received, many posts that assume that I am an idiot.
> While there may be several newbees on the list, it does not help to be
> rude to them. Myself, I have over 25 years in computing and computer
> science. I have run networks of Mainframe, Minis, Windows (NT in
> particular), and several unix varients in a single network. I fully
> understand the ins and outs of listserv and sendmail. The "oh! you are
> so dumb" comments are part of the rudeness.

When did this group become a list?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

gangle

"Blinky the Shark" wrote
> Gary and Terrie SOCKPUPPET wrote:
>
> > I have noted.........................

> When did this group become a list?

Spit the hook.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Gary and Terrie Meerschaert wrote:
>

>>I have noted, and received, many posts that assume that I am an idiot.
>>While there may be several newbees on the list, it does not help to be
>>rude to them. Myself, I have over 25 years in computing and computer
>>science. I have run networks of Mainframe, Minis, Windows (NT in
>>particular), and several unix varients in a single network. I fully
>>understand the ins and outs of listserv and sendmail. The "oh! you are
>>so dumb" comments are part of the rudeness.

> When did this group become a list?

He's only had one other post to this group that I see and nobody said
anything at all to him. I think maybe he was being called idiot on some
mail list and he got a little confused while addressing this treatise.
It's easy to do for a newb.

--
Just kidding Gary, lighten up.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

gangle wrote:
> "Blinky the Shark" wrote
>
>>Gary and Terrie SOCKPUPPET wrote:
>>

>>>I have noted.........................

>>When did this group become a list?

> Spit the hook.

Getting paranoid? I don't see anything sockpuppet about him. He has a
short but normal posting history. His headers are on the up and up as
far as I can tell, the IP checks out. I think he was intending to send
the remarks to a mail list and screwed it up.

gangle

"Rgr" wrote
> gangle wrote:

> >>When did this group become a list?

> > Spit the hook.

> Getting paranoid? I don't see anything sockpuppet about him. He has a
> short but normal posting history. His headers are on the up and up as
> far as I can tell, the IP checks out. I think he was intending to send
> the remarks to a mail list and screwed it up.

If it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck.....................

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

gangle wrote:
> "Rgr" wrote
>
>>gangle wrote:
>>
>>>"Blinky the Shark" wrote

>>>Spit the hook.

>>Getting paranoid? I don't see anything sockpuppet about him. He has a
>>short but normal posting history. His headers are on the up and up as
>>far as I can tell, the IP checks out. I think he was intending to send
>>the remarks to a mail list and screwed it up.

> If it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck.....................

Then it gets to marry the future king of England.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

gangle wrote:
> "Rgr" wrote
>
>>gangle wrote:
>>
>>>"Blinky the Shark" wrote

>>>Spit the hook.

>>Getting paranoid? I don't see anything sockpuppet about him. He has a
>>short but normal posting history. His headers are on the up and up as
>>far as I can tell, the IP checks out. I think he was intending to send
>>the remarks to a mail list and screwed it up.

> If it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck.....................

Update: I still think Gary is being earnest. But a Google check showed
that an underdeveloped user that's been in my killfilter for ages called
him dirty names for asking about a driver. At least now I see why he was
posting his message here.

Blinky the Shark

gangle wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" wrote

>> Gary and Terrie SOCKPUPPET wrote:

>> > I have noted.........................

>> When did this group become a list?

> Spit the hook.

Roger. No, not that Roger, he's not involved. I mean "you're probably
right".

--

Rgr wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Gary and Terrie Meerschaert wrote:

>>>I have noted, and received, many posts that assume that I am an idiot.
>>>While there may be several newbees on the list, it does not help to be
>>>rude to them. Myself, I have over 25 years in computing and computer
>>>science. I have run networks of Mainframe, Minis, Windows (NT in
>>>particular), and several unix varients in a single network. I fully
>>>understand the ins and outs of listserv and sendmail. The "oh! you are
>>>so dumb" comments are part of the rudeness.

>> When did this group become a list?

> He's only had one other post to this group that I see and nobody said
> anything at all to him. I think maybe he was being called idiot on some
> mail list and he got a little confused while addressing this treatise.
> It's easy to do for a newb.

Hardly fits his "I'm The King Of Computing" pitch, does it?