Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can Not Connect to FTP Sites?

Can Not Connect to FTP Sites?

Blinky the Shark

Keme wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Keme wrote:

>>>In the original post he says he did, doesn't he ... ?

>> Only if you consider IE an FTP app. Ever use a *real* FTP app?

> Candace wrote:

> Greetings,

> In attempting to download drivers for a new Dell computer, browser
> accesses an FTP site for download, this is where it ends.

Yes, I did read "browser accesses and FTP site", there. I assumed it to
be IE, since nothing was specified and most casual Windows users don't
know there are any that didn't come with their computer.

> Attempted accessing FTP sites _via FTP program_ but am not allowed to
> connect.

Ah. I missed or didn't remember that. I guess when I saw her using a
browser, I tuned out for a paragraph or so. But I'll bet she
didn't include the underlining signifiers that I see there in your
doctored quote that doesn't mention being doctored with a courtesy "my
emphasis", or something of that nature.

At any rate, yep -- looks like she did try a real FTP program.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

Keme

Blinky the Shark wrote:
<snippety...>
> ... But I'll bet she
> didn't include the underlining signifiers that I see there in your
> doctored quote that doesn't mention being doctored with a courtesy "my
> emphasis", or something of that nature.

<...snip>

Oops... slipped there. Sorry Candace and Blinky

Michael A Stellato Michael A Stellato is offline
Junior Member

Hi! I am having the same problem accessing FTP Port 21. I am refused a connection to anyone I try to access. I don't have any firewall operational at the time. I am not on a LAN and I have tried numerous different FTP Programs, such as WiseFTP, BulletProof FTP Client, FileZilla Client, WINScp Just top mention a few. I have tried to traceroute to it, I have tried looking for open ports with netstat -o, am not listening to port 21 or 23, I have tried to telnet to the site, to no avail. I can acess the site with another computer. I don't no how to proceed. Can anyone please help me.

Andy Louey Andy Louey is offline
Junior Member

Try this I had the same problem: add the FTP site you are trying to connect to as follows: Internet explorer version 7/tools/internet options/security/ trusted sites/sites add the address of the site in most cases it will default to the current address in your browser if that isnít the address of the FTP site remove the default and add the correct ftp address. Also in some cases using a wireless router wonít work try connecting to your router via the cable supplied? Hope that works for you Cheers Andy