Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Agony!!! Agony !!!!

Agony!!! Agony !!!!

dwacon

Since upgrading Windows Server 2003 to SP1, I can no longer do "tools...
options" in internet exploder, even though I am logged in as administrator.

The ironic part, the dialog popup that tells me this action is restricted
says, "Please contact administrator." I am the $@#! administrator!

Any clues on how to un-FOOBAR this?

TIA

--
She talks so much, we think she was vaccinated with a phonograph needle...
www.dwacon.com

°Mike°

Do you have Spybot S&D installed? Or SpywareBlaster?
Both of these give you the option to disable the IE Control
Panel, to prevent tampering -- check your settings.

In <O5b6e.964$Z73.3@lakeread04>,
dwacon took 17 lines to utter:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Sultan

"dwacon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Since upgrading Windows Server 2003 to SP1, I can no longer do
> "tools... options" in internet exploder, even though I am logged in

as
> administrator.
>
> The ironic part, the dialog popup that tells me this action is
> restricted says, "Please contact administrator." I am the $@#!
> administrator!
>
> Any clues on how to un-FOOBAR this?
>
> TIA

Check the settings for this under Group Policy - it sounds like that
is where it is restricted. Check both the domain policy(s) and the
local - depending on how you are logging in.

TJ

Sultan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
> Total Privacy via Encryption =----

Agony indeed. Doesn't newsfeeds.com offer a way to turn off this improperly
delimited abortion that gets appended to every post?

Sultan

"TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

Usenet

-
>> Total Privacy via Encryption =----

> Agony indeed. Doesn't newsfeeds.com offer a way to turn off this
> improperly delimited abortion that gets appended to every post?

Not that I'm aware of or believe me I would-- if anyone knows how
please share.

Sultan

Blinky the Shark

Sultan wrote:

> "TJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> Sultan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Usenet
>>> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in

> the
>>> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms

> -
>>> Total Privacy via Encryption =----

>> Agony indeed. Doesn't newsfeeds.com offer a way to turn off this
>> improperly delimited abortion that gets appended to every post?

> Not that I'm aware of or believe me I would-- if anyone knows how
> please share.

Might check in with news.software.readers. It's kinda offtopic, but
since there are Usenet-in-general wizards, there, someome might know.
See you there.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

Sultan

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) :

> news.software.readers

Thanks Blinky - will give it a try.