Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Not off subject

Not off subject

Annette Kurten

O.K as this is a help desk,
I need a smart arse male to tell me how do I get all the oldish mastic from
around the bath.
I am in the process of pulling scraping, scratching, and generally making
hard work of it.
There must be a geezer way?

Old Gringo

Annette Kurten wrote:
> O.K as this is a help desk,
> I need a smart arse male to tell me how do I get all the oldish mastic from
> around the bath.
> I am in the process of pulling scraping, scratching, and generally making
> hard work of it.
> There must be a geezer way?

Utility knife cut bottom to wall and back wall to tub.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Hans

Annette

Yes, there is a Penn type bleach, called Bleach Pen made by Clorox.....

Try it.......it works on most such applications, if they aren't all too
mucked up.

Good Luck!

Hans

"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d39s1o$fvd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> O.K as this is a help desk,
> I need a smart arse male to tell me how do I get all the oldish mastic
> from
> around the bath.
> I am in the process of pulling scraping, scratching, and generally making
> hard work of it.
> There must be a geezer way?

DaveW

"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d39s1o$fvd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> O.K as this is a help desk,
> I need a smart arse male to tell me how do I get all the oldish
> mastic from
> around the bath.
> I am in the process of pulling scraping, scratching, and generally
> making
> hard work of it.
> There must be a geezer way?

This sounds a lot like a troll....
But if you go to alt.home.repair and ask nicely you may find
someone there that can suggest an geezer way, and if you are lucky
it might even be a smart arse male.

soup

Annette Kurten popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on
and said
> O.K as this is a help desk,
> I need a smart arse male to tell me how do I get all the oldish
> mastic from around the bath.
> I am in the process of pulling scraping, scratching, and generally
> making hard work of it.
> There must be a geezer way?

Sorry but sometimes there are no shortcuts, mechanicaly
(without causing damage) remove as much of the mastic
as possible. Then apply a silicone sealant remover (assuming
the "mastic" is some form of silicon sealant) brand I use is
"Unibond" availlable at B&Q et al in a 150ml tube, may be
available in aerosols etc the instructions say leave for 2_4
hours, have found 4-5 better, then remove the sticky gunk
left over with a damp cloth and possibly a green pad remember
the final rinse of meths or any new sealant applied will not
adhere properly as it starts to dissolve at the junction

--
yours S

phrogee

"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d39s1o$fvd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> O.K as this is a help desk,
> I need a smart arse male to tell me how do I get all the oldish mastic
> from
> around the bath.
> I am in the process of pulling scraping, scratching, and generally making
> hard work of it.
> There must be a geezer way?

Try here.
http://www.acehardware.com/sm-adhesi...2.1254889.html

http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2FC34BDA

--
phrogee

Annette Kurten

"DaveW" <(E-Mail Removed)-this-munge.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d39s1o$fvd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > O.K as this is a help desk,
> > I need a smart arse male to tell me how do I get all the oldish
> > mastic from
> > around the bath.
> > I am in the process of pulling scraping, scratching, and generally
> > making
> > hard work of it.
> > There must be a geezer way?
> >

> This sounds a lot like a troll....
> But if you go to alt.home.repair and ask nicely you may find
> someone there that can suggest an geezer way, and if you are lucky
> it might even be a smart arse male.

Thank you , not trolling by the way, I've got a DIY manual explains how to
put it on, but not a mention of how hard it is to get off.

soup

soup popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and said
> Annette Kurten popped their head over the parapet saw what was going
> on and said
> > O.K as this is a help desk,
> > I need a smart arse male to tell me how do I get all the oldish
> > mastic from around the bath.
> > I am in the process of pulling scraping, scratching, and generally
> > making hard work of it.
> > There must be a geezer way?

> Sorry but sometimes there are no shortcuts, mechanicaly
> (without causing damage) remove as much of the mastic
> as possible. Then apply a silicone sealant remover (assuming
> the "mastic" is some form of silicon sealant) brand I use is
> "Unibond" availlable at B&Q et al in a 150ml tube, may be
> available in aerosols etc the instructions say leave for 2_4
> hours, have found 4-5 better, then remove the sticky gunk
> left over with a damp cloth and possibly a green pad remember
> the final rinse of meths or any new sealant applied will not
> adhere properly as it starts to dissolve at the junction

Instructions on the tube talk of removing the gunk
with a dry cloth been so long since I actually used
this that I am unsure what I did.

--
yours S

Annette Kurten

"soup" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VG96e.8900$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> soup popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and said
> > Annette Kurten popped their head over the parapet saw what was going
> > on and said
> > > O.K as this is a help desk,
> > > I need a smart arse male to tell me how do I get all the oldish
> > > mastic from around the bath.
> > > I am in the process of pulling scraping, scratching, and generally
> > > making hard work of it.
> > > There must be a geezer way?

> > Sorry but sometimes there are no shortcuts, mechanicaly
> > (without causing damage) remove as much of the mastic
> > as possible. Then apply a silicone sealant remover (assuming
> > the "mastic" is some form of silicon sealant) brand I use is
> > "Unibond" availlable at B&Q et al in a 150ml tube, may be
> > available in aerosols etc the instructions say leave for 2_4
> > hours, have found 4-5 better, then remove the sticky gunk
> > left over with a damp cloth and possibly a green pad remember
> > the final rinse of meths or any new sealant applied will not
> > adhere properly as it starts to dissolve at the junction

> Instructions on the tube talk of removing the gunk
> with a dry cloth been so long since I actually used
> this that I am unsure what I did.
>
> --
> yours S
>
> Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione

Thanxs for that

DaveW

"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d3b7qi$6ui$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "DaveW" <(E-Mail Removed)-this-munge.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:d39s1o$fvd$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > O.K as this is a help desk,
>> > I need a smart arse male to tell me how do I get all the oldish
>> > mastic from
>> > around the bath.
>> > I am in the process of pulling scraping, scratching, and
>> > generally
>> > making
>> > hard work of it.
>> > There must be a geezer way?
>> >

>> This sounds a lot like a troll....
>> But if you go to alt.home.repair and ask nicely you may find
>> someone there that can suggest an geezer way, and if you are
>> lucky
>> it might even be a smart arse male.
>>

> Thank you , not trolling by the way, I've got a DIY manual
> explains how to
> put it on, but not a mention of how hard it is to get off.

Unfortunately that is the case more often than not.
If it is truly "mastic" which I doubt it is, a heat gun would be a
big help.
Again I suggest alt.home.repair as a place you are more likely to
get more suggestions from.
I don't wish to debate "not off subject" because by pointing you in
a better direction I have legitimized your asking your question
here. I only say this because I have been flamed in the past for
doing the very same thing but it is an undeniable fact that computer
people tend to hang out here and DIY people tend to hang out there.
Good luck with your project. It's a dirty job but somebody's got to
do it.

No Subject for this subject George MCAD 0 05-20-2005 10:19 AM
Add/Remove Programs Help Kinda Wierd Do Not Ignore Terrable Subject JustIgnore The Subject Oops Whatever Duh Samuel Townsend Computer Support 0 10-13-2004 12:49 AM
Slightly off-subject... Domestos HTML 12 02-04-2004 09:33 AM
off subject charlie and grace Computer Support 10 10-05-2003 01:29 AM
Off subject - Know of an Gif Animation Program? Axl Firefox 1 09-08-2003 08:39 PM

Advertisments