Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to open a .pst file? (non email)

How to open a .pst file? (non email)

Gaz

You need to import it into a folder in Outlook, you can't just open it.
Gaz.

"hugh jass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:r5R5e.27389$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>I created a pst file in Outlook 2002. Wasn't using it for email, just for
>tasks and calendar.
> Then I installed Outlook 2003 and couldn't open the file.
> Now I go back to Outlook 2002 and can't seem to open the file there
> either.
> Is there an easy way to read this file?
> I'd prefer to do it without dilly-dallying with the Outlook software.
> I've learned my lesson - won't bother trying to archive tasks with .pst
> files.
> Thanks in advance,
> hj

SgtMinor

hugh jass wrote:

> atleast I'm f**kin.
> you are just a fool.
> How do I know? You waste time responding as below.
>

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> hugh jass wrote:
>>
>>> This might be too much effort

>> Then you can't be too concerned over your loss, you ****ing fool.
>>
>> --
>> This is my signature. If my post does not contain
>> this signature it's probably a forgery. Beware
>> of impersonating trolls. Always read the headers.

Why reply? The imposter told you in his (broken) sig that s/h/it is a
troll.

*

MrGrumpy, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the anarchic, unhealthy sumo wrestler, and
officer of the royal household responsible for the royal cats, whistled:

> There is no work around
> A pst can ONLY be opened in OL

So you can't open it in notepad then?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

B0b

Old Gringo wrote:
> hugh jass wrote:
>
>> I created a pst file in Outlook 2002. Wasn't using it for email, just
>> for tasks and calendar.
>> Then I installed Outlook 2003 and couldn't open the file.
>> Now I go back to Outlook 2002 and can't seem to open the file there
>> either.
>> Is there an easy way to read this file?
>> I'd prefer to do it without dilly-dallying with the Outlook software.
>> I've learned my lesson - won't bother trying to archive tasks with
>> .pst files.
>> Thanks in advance,
>> hj
>>

> By typing {opening pst files} in the address bar of FireFox, this is
> what I came up with in the blink of an eye:
> http://www.mailnavigator.com/reading...pst_files.html

But the bottom of that link says

"The format of MS Outlook mail archives (*.pst) is protected by
Microsoft. Therefore, in MailNavigator, *.pst files can be accessed only
indirectly, with the help of Outlook-OLE. In effect, a search of
messages in Outlook folders is achieved by Outlook's own resources.

To access a PST file, this file must be accessible from MS Outlook as a
mail folder. It must be available for opening not only as an external
file, but must be directly accessible in MS Outlook. In this case,
MailNavigator will find the list of MS Outlook folders and the necessary
folder can be loaded, or used for a message search. "

lmna_360 lmna_360 is offline
Junior Member

"I solved this problem by downloading PST Viewer Pro at http://www.encryptomatic.com/pstviewer"