Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to migrate OE 6.0 data to other partition?

How to migrate OE 6.0 data to other partition?

Sigi Rindler

On one machine I am using Win XP Pro and Outlook Express 6.0 for email and
newsgroups. Anytime there a crash occurs, I am losing some of my email or
saved newsgroup messages. It's not a very big deal since I use TrueImage
regularly.

Anyway, is there a simple way to have OE save all new email/newsgroup data
on a different partition rather than C:> and to migrate the already existing
data to that partition?

I know that I could use another application that would install on D:>, but
Mozialla's Thunderbird refuses to install in this system.

trout

Why not fix the crashing problem instead, you ****ing idiot? How much
****ing thought does it take to figure that out, dimbulb?

--
Idiots like you don't deserve help.

Sigi Rindler

> Why not fix the crashing problem instead, you ****ing idiot? How much
> ****ing thought does it take to figure that out, dimbulb?
>
> --
> Idiots like you don't deserve help.

Right, nobody would appreciate the slightest help from people like you. In
other words: You have no knowlege about it anyway...

Dave Lear

"Sigi Rindler" wrote in message news:42572c9f$1_2@127.0.0.1

> Anyway, is there a simple way to have OE save all new email/newsgroup
> data on a different partition rather than C:> and to migrate the already
> existing data to that partition?

How to back up and recover Outlook Express data
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270670

If you just want to change where the information is stored then use this

Tools

Options...

Maintenance tab

Store Folder

Change...

You can then specify any folder, on any drive, as the new location for the
Outlook Express Store. This is where it will create / update the .DBX files
(which correspond to email folders / newsgroups) from that point on. I can't
remember if it migrates existing .DBXs though. Of course, if you take a
backup of the .DBXs first, then change the store location, you could restore
the .DBXs to the new folder location.

Sigi Rindler

> How to back up and recover Outlook Express data
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270670

etc.

Thanks Dave,
I knew that there are also some decent people who are willing to help out
after the first onslaught by a guy who deserves a swift kick in the ****!
Will backup my system and then try your medicine...

Sigi Rindler

Sigi Rindler wrote:

> Right, nobody would appreciate the slightest help from people like
> you. In
> other words: You have no knowlege about it anyway...

You are replying to an impersonating troll.
--
Exciting, wasn't it?

trout

--

Why? You're just doing the same boring ****.
--
He find masturbation too complicated, so he does this.