Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Question about gif's

Question about gif's

fred

I use Xnews and when I click on a jpg image post, the image is
displayed in the preview pane below, but gifs don't. Is there
a way to view them like this instead of having to save them
first? TIA

Blinky the Shark

fred wrote:

> I use Xnews and when I click on a jpg image post, the image is
> displayed in the preview pane below, but gifs don't. Is there
> a way to view them like this instead of having to save them
> first? TIA

1. You're using a three-year-old version of Xnews. Might want to
update.

2. I believe it only decodes jpg on the fly.

3. As the documentation notes, news.software.readers is the de facto
support group for Xnews; might want to make a note of that for next
time.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

fred

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) :

> fred wrote:
>
>> I use Xnews and when I click on a jpg image post, the

image is
>> displayed in the preview pane below, but gifs don't. Is

there
>> a way to view them like this instead of having to save

them
>> first? TIA

> 1. You're using a three-year-old version of Xnews. Might

want to
> update.

I got this version free and have so much money I can't even
pay attention.

> 2. I believe it only decodes jpg on the fly.

That's what I thought.

> 3. As the documentation notes, news.software.readers is the

de facto
> support group for Xnews; might want to make a note of that

for next
> time.

I'll take a look at the group, if I get it
Thanks for the help

Blinky the Shark

fred wrote:
> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) :

>> fred wrote:

>>> I use Xnews and when I click on a jpg image post, the

> image is
>>> displayed in the preview pane below, but gifs don't. Is

> there
>>> a way to view them like this instead of having to save

> them
>>> first? TIA

>> 1. You're using a three-year-old version of Xnews. Might

> want to
>> update.

> I got this version free and have so much money I can't even
> pay attention.

All versions of Xnews are free. It's freeware.