Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win XP startup programs

Win XP startup programs

SNTP

Hi all,

When my Win XP starts, it also starts some programs that I rarely use.
How can I stop Win from doing it?

Thanks in advance

SNTP

127.0.0.1

"SNTP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:42558599$1_1@127.0.0.1...
> Hi all,
>
> When my Win XP starts, it also starts some programs that I rarely use. How
> can I stop Win from doing it?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> SNTP

open up the application and deselect options to startup on boot...
remove the app from startup folder
edit your registry and pay someone to fix it.

-a|ex

MrGrumpy

See if there is an option within the app to stop loading at startup.
or msconfig.exe

"SNTP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:42558599$1_1@127.0.0.1...
> Hi all,
>
> When my Win XP starts, it also starts some programs that I rarely use.
> How can I stop Win from doing it?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> SNTP

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

cluedweasel

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:08:30 -0400, SNTP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>When my Win XP starts, it also starts some programs that I rarely use.
>How can I stop Win from doing it?

Click on Start / Run and type msconfig then click on OK. Then click on
the Startup tab and clear anything you don't want loading.

SNTP

SNTP wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When my Win XP starts, it also starts some programs that I rarely use.
> How can I stop Win from doing it?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> SNTP

> News==----
> Newsgroups

Thanks a lot everybody for the help. It worked.
In the process discovered very good Registry cleaning program - RegVac.
It cleaned over 1000 lines out of Registry and the computer is still
working. [BG]

SNTP

Stop Programs auto loading at startup? Sentinel Computer Support 3 01-29-2005 06:34 PM
Startup programs john Computer Support 2 12-22-2004 12:31 AM
Startup programs in XP Anthony J. Amato Jr. Computer Support 5 01-28-2004 02:25 AM
disabling programs at startup horizon Computer Support 9 11-16-2003 09:51 PM

Advertisments