Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cancelling email

Cancelling email

Anna Hathis

I accidently sent an email to somebody I shouldn't. Is it possible to
cancel the email before it is retreived on the other side (like one
can cancel a usenet post). Tia

Regards,

:K:

Livewire

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> I accidently sent an email to somebody I shouldn't. Is it possible to
> cancel the email before it is retreived on the other side (like one
> can cancel a usenet post). Tia
>
> Regards,
>
> :K:

Assuming that you've actually sent it rather than put it in your outbox
ready for the next send&receive, you're stuck I'm afraid. What's gone is
gone!

#!

Livewire wrote:

****ing hell!, It's DeadShort!!

I thought you scampered away years ago!

--
#!
(Mr Floppy)

Evan Platt

On 5 Apr 2005 04:37:06 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Anna Hathis)
wrote:

>I accidently sent an email to somebody I shouldn't. Is it possible to
>cancel the email before it is retreived on the other side (like one
>can cancel a usenet post). Tia

Nope.

And you can't cancel a usenet post.

Well, ok, you can pretend to, but very few servers honor a cancel
request.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Anna Hathis wrote:

> I accidently sent an email to somebody I shouldn't. Is it possible to
> cancel the email before it is retreived on the other side (like one
> can cancel a usenet post). Tia

If you know their password to email you can. Other than that, nope.

Tell us all the embarrassing details, please.

Ionizer

"Anna Hathis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>I accidently sent an email to somebody I shouldn't. Is it possible to
> cancel the email before it is retreived on the other side (like one
> can cancel a usenet post). Tia

Here's a possible last-ditch solution to your problem that I read a while
ago, and I can't remember where. You need to set this plan in motion
before the person has had a chance to read their email: send that person a
dozen more emails with the *exact same* subject line. Then, phone the
recipient and advise them that your computer has a virus, which has caused
it to send out multiple messages with the same subject line. Advise this
person to immediately delete ALL of those messages without opening them,
because they are infected!

--
Ian.

Plato

Anna Hathis wrote:

> I accidently sent an email to somebody I shouldn't. Is it possible to
> cancel the email before it is retreived on the other side (like one
> can cancel a usenet post). Tia

No

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Duane Arnold

Livewire (E-Mail Removed), wrote in message

> I'M KNOT A BLONDE, I'M KNOT, I'M KNOT, I'M KNOT!!!

Duane Arnold

Livewire (E-Mail Removed), wrote in message

> With one more neuron, I'd have a synapse.

Cancelling session when user closes browser window... Charlie@NISH ASP .Net 3 08-30-2005 08:00 PM
"Cancelling" more that one message at a time Perk Firefox 1 01-01-2005 05:38 AM
Cancelling the events Vik ASP .Net 1 04-06-2004 08:43 PM
Cancelling a HTTP data post del ASP .Net 1 11-09-2003 07:56 PM
Re: cancelling a postback on a button with javascript Bob ASP .Net 4 07-22-2003 07:10 PM

Advertisments