Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Expired Password within Windows 2000

Expired Password within Windows 2000

Zinzan

I have a friend who updated his PC from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 a few
years ago. HE has religiously amended his password every six weeks as the
system request him to do. He had been informed that his password would
expire in 4 days but did not change it. He then never used the PC for a
number of days and tried to login after the expiry date. The computer now
tells him that his password has expired and won't allow him access to the
PC. Is there any way around this situation?

I am unsure as to whether he set an administrator password when he
originally updated but he has tried accessing the system using the username
administrator but to no avail. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

*

Hi JANA, You told me:

>> I have a friend who updated his PC from Windows 98 to Windows
>> 2000 a few years ago. HE has religiously amended his password
>> every six weeks as the system request him to do. He had been
>> informed that his password would expire in 4 days but did not
>> change it. He then never used the PC for a number of days and
>> tried to login after the expiry date. The computer now
>> tells him that his password has expired and won't allow him
>> access to the PC. Is there any way around this situation?

> He has to go in under administrator, and use the administrator
> password that has been set up for his computer. There is no other
> easy way.
>
> There are some independent software packages that can allow someone
> to get in to the system by resetting the administrator password.
> There a few that are free, but from what I have seen the good ones
> must be bought.
>
> Most MS authorized dealers and some independent service centres, have
> the utilities to get
> someone back in to their system, who has been locked out. They will
> charge a fee for this service.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! You ****ing moronic cuntwart.

*

Hi Miles Ahead, You told me:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 13:59:20 +0000 (UTC), "Zinzan"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> The computer now
>> tells him that his password has expired and won't allow him access
>> to the PC. Is there any way around this situation?

> If he can boot from CD go to www.knoppix.org
> for info how to burn a bootable Knoppix CD.
>
> It comes up running Linux so if you can find someone versed
> in Linux it may be less stressful. Otherwise, get all the info you
> can about mounting NTFS(if he's using NTFS file system) and
> using the security tools to reset the password, before you start.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Real meaning: "Learn a whole new operating system to reset your password."

Linux makes you ****ing stupid.