Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Crap PC

Re: Crap PC

Moderator

JANA wrote:

> "The One" <nowtere@com> wrote in message
> news:42505cac$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have a computer which powers up, LED's and fans go, but no
>> display, no beeps nothing. Has anyone know what is the most likely
>> cause.

> That's like calling your mechanic, and saying, I turn the key in my
> car, and it will not start!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

--
ChuckIT
Moderator: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

Gene Abner

The hard drive mabey?
"Moderator" <nospam@chuckit> wrote in message
news:c66ef43f4c52469f868cdb558bc8bcac@moderator.24 hoursupport.helpdesk...
> JANA wrote:
>

> > "The One" <nowtere@com> wrote in message
> > news:42505cac$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I have a computer which powers up, LED's and fans go, but no
> >> display, no beeps nothing. Has anyone know what is the most likely
> >> cause.

> > That's like calling your mechanic, and saying, I turn the key in my
> > car, and it will not start!

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!
>
> --
> ChuckIT
> Moderator: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

HeeroYuy

"Gene Abner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The hard drive mabey?

No, the motherboard and the video card are the two most likely culprits in
this case. Though I suspect the video card is ok... unless it's art of the
motherboard. Then it's fried, too. If it was the hard drive, he'd be able to
get a display and beeps from the PC speaker, but instead of Windows booting
up, he'd be getting an "Operating System Not Found" error.

> "Moderator" <nospam@chuckit> wrote in message
> news:c66ef43f4c52469f868cdb558bc8bcac@moderator.24 hoursupport.helpdesk...
>> JANA wrote:
>>

>> > "The One" <nowtere@com> wrote in message
>> > news:42505cac$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > That's like calling your mechanic, and saying, I turn the key in my
>> > car, and it will not start!

>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!
>>
>> --
>> ChuckIT
>> Moderator: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

trout

Gene Abner wrote:

> The hard drive mabey?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! The abnertard strikes again.

--
This is my signature. If my post does not contain
this signature it's probably a forgery. Beware

Steve Regin

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA! You ****tard ****.

The ****ing power supply more like it, you useless piece of ****.

HeeroYuy

"Steve Regin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed) lly.armpits...
> HeeroYuy, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "Gene Abner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> The hard drive mabey?

>> No, the motherboard and the video card are the two most likely
>> culprits in this case.

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA! You ****tard ****.

> The ****ing power supply more like it, you useless piece of ****.

Ah, but if you actually LEARNED TO READ, he said that all of the LED's and
fans are running:

> "The One" <nowtere@com> wrote in message
> > news:42505cac$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I have a computer which powers up, LED's and fans go, but no
> >> display, no beeps nothing. Has anyone know what is the most likely
> >> cause.

THAT is a symptom of a fried motherboard. How disengenuous of you to snip
the original post.

Stewart Andrews

HeeroYuy, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Steve Regin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) lly.armpits...
>> HeeroYuy, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> "Gene Abner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> No, the motherboard and the video card are the two most likely
>>> culprits in this case.

>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA! You ****tard ****.

>> The ****ing power supply more like it, you useless piece of ****.

> Ah, but if you actually LEARNED TO READ, he said that all of the
> LED's and fans are running:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH! If you knew what range of symptoms a dud power
supply can manifest you'd have slinked off in shame, you ****ing useless
****.

HeeroYuy

"Stewart Andrews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed) n.fnarr.fnarr...
> HeeroYuy, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "Steve Regin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) lly.armpits...

>>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA! You ****tard ****.

>>> The ****ing power supply more like it, you useless piece of ****.

>> Ah, but if you actually LEARNED TO READ, he said that all of the
>> LED's and fans are running:

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH! If you knew what range of symptoms a dud power
> supply can manifest you'd have slinked off in shame, you ****ing useless
> ****.

I fail to see how he is any less of a waste on bandwidth as I am.

HeeroYuy

"HeeroYuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yT06e.1501$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Stewart Andrews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed) n.fnarr.fnarr...
>> HeeroYuy, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> "Steve Regin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) lly.armpits...

>>> Ah, but if you actually LEARNED TO READ, he said that all of the
>>> LED's and fans are running:

>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH! If you knew what range of symptoms a dud power
>> supply can manifest you'd have slinked off in shame, you ****ing useless
>> ****.

> I fail to see how he is any less of a waste on bandwidth as I am.

After thinking about it, I remember that there are indeed other ways of
telling that there is a dud power supply. Low voltage, as well as no
voltage, is a good sign. It may run the fans and the LED's, but not anything
else. Using a multimeter is the way to find out if it's a power supply
issue.