Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Playing an Old Game On a New PC - Help...

Playing an Old Game On a New PC - Help...

Andi

I've just sold FIFA 2005 on eBay to someone. The game works fine on single
player vs computer but when he tries to play online it says that the serial
number has already been used (which I obviously did). EA sports must realise
that games will be moved on to different PC's through selling or if you
upgrade your machine you'll have to re-install it again. What do i or the
person i've sold the game to do to get the serial code available so he can
play online?

Buffalo

"Andi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6EP3e.17052$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> I've just sold FIFA 2005 on eBay to someone. The game works fine on single
> player vs computer but when he tries to play online it says that the serial
> number has already been used (which I obviously did). EA sports must realise
> that games will be moved on to different PC's through selling or if you
> upgrade your machine you'll have to re-install it again. What do i or the
> person i've sold the game to do to get the serial code available so he can
> play online?

Go to the game mgf's website and I believe you will find a way to 'unregister'
it so that it can be registered again.

nos1eep

"Andi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6EP3e.17052$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> I've just sold FIFA 2005 on eBay to someone. The game works fine on single
> player vs computer but when he tries to play online it says that the
> serial number has already been used (which I obviously did). EA sports
> must realise that games will be moved on to different PC's through selling
> or if you upgrade your machine you'll have to re-install it again. What do
> i or the person i've sold the game to do to get the serial code available
> so he can play online?

Or you can give him your username\password>

127.0.0.1

"Andi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6EP3e.17052$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> I've just sold FIFA 2005 on eBay to someone. The game works fine on single
> player vs computer but when he tries to play online it says that the
> serial number has already been used (which I obviously did). EA sports
> must realise that games will be moved on to different PC's through selling
> or if you upgrade your machine you'll have to re-install it again. What do
> i or the person i've sold the game to do to get the serial code available
> so he can play online?

there is a copyright issue involved...

you don't own it, you are renting the right of use.
the person you sold it to needs to pay the company the right to use that
software you sold him.

-a|ex

Buffalo

"127.0.0.1" <get.rooted@localhost> wrote in message
news:qiT3e.13667$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...

> "Andi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:6EP3e.17052$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> > I've just sold FIFA 2005 on eBay to someone. The game works fine on single
> > player vs computer but when he tries to play online it says that the
> > serial number has already been used (which I obviously did). EA sports
> > must realise that games will be moved on to different PC's through selling
> > or if you upgrade your machine you'll have to re-install it again. What do
> > i or the person i've sold the game to do to get the serial code available
> > so he can play online?

> there is a copyright issue involved...
>
> you don't own it, you are renting the right of use.
> the person you sold it to needs to pay the company the right to use that
> software you sold him.
>
> -a|ex

I really doubt that.