Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Master & Slaves

Master & Slaves

Jumbo

I am trying to install a Zip drive in my PC (I like the magnetic media!)
My PC came with a DVD Rom & DVD R/RW on the same IDE cable with the ROM
drive set as the 'Master'
I have added an IDE cabel to accommodate the new drive and have now set up:
Cable1 - DVD R/RW as Master
Cable2 - DVD Rom as Master, Zip as Slave

When I turn on the PC (Running XPHome SP2) cable 2 is not being seen at all.
Does anyone have any suggestions to put me on the right track?

dadiOH

Jumbo wrote:
> I am trying to install a Zip drive in my PC (I like the magnetic
> media!)
> My PC came with a DVD Rom & DVD R/RW on the same IDE cable with the
> ROM drive set as the 'Master'
> I have added an IDE cabel to accommodate the new drive and have now
> set up: Cable1 - DVD R/RW as Master
> Cable2 - DVD Rom as Master, Zip as Slave
>
> When I turn on the PC (Running XPHome SP2) cable 2 is not being seen
> at all. Does anyone have any suggestions to put me on the right track?

No, but I am curious where your hard disk drive dwells. You said you
added an IDE cable and that before doing so you had two DVD drives on
the one existing cable. So where was the hard drive? And where is it
now? On channel 1 as slave to the DVD-RW?

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

*

Hi dadiOH, You told me:

> you tell me where the HDD is.

Pity the OP gave it away to you, you brain-dead snot****. "The HDD id
showing on Third SATA Master."

"You ****ing _Slack _Arsed _Tawdry _Apeth."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

dadiOH

John Holmes wrote:

> Get ****ed, you rabbit-faced shovel-full of wormy pig slop.

I wasn't talking to you, you metoo wannabe. Speak only when you are
spoken to.

> Oh, your website sucks, too.

And you think I care about your (or anyone else's) opinion? One moment
while I copy and paste...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You ****ing less than useless moron.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

John Holmes

dadiOH asked in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

Who cares a ****? I /was/ talking to you, ****tard.

> Speak only when you are
> spoken to.

I speak to whoever I wish I want to speak to.

>> Oh, your website sucks, too.

> And you think I care about your (or anyone else's) opinion? One moment
> while I copy and paste...
>

> --

> ****ing less than useless moron.

Nice sig, dude...

> dadiOH
> ____________________________
>
> dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

- John Holmes -

" I ain't no **** "

\|/

Rebecca

dadiOH wrote:

> I offered no advice,

Good. That's a big improvement.

Gazwad

Rebecca, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the second-rate, witless fallen
angel, and pawnbroker, inveigled:

> dadiOH wrote:
>>
>> I offered no advice,

> Good. That's a big improvement.

How so?
Business as usual, I thought.

--
Lunch was nice;

Sizzled parrot skin with bladder sauce dried on top of raw flea buttock with
tendon conserve, simmered in a turbid bucket stuffed with thin bits of slug,
clam and cucumber in noxious fresh blood, a side of cheese and a bottle of
Vietnamese snake wine.