Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Low cost Ink Cartridges

Low cost Ink Cartridges

Lewis

I recently purchased an Epson photo R200 printer, which I'm very pleased
with. I have always found third party inks have produced images well below
the quality of the official cartridges. I do quite a lot of B&W text
printing and as a compromise I was considering buying third party/refilled
black ink and official colour ink. Assuming the cheaper cartridges are of
lower quality, would buying a cheap black cartridge have an adverse effect
on colour photo printing? My other question is, does anyone know how to
disable the two photo cartridges for printing lower quality colour images?
Thanks.

doS

email me.

"Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d2mefq$8hg$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently purchased an Epson photo R200 printer, which I'm very pleased
> with. I have always found third party inks have produced images well
> below
> the quality of the official cartridges. I do quite a lot of B&W text
> printing and as a compromise I was considering buying third party/refilled
> black ink and official colour ink. Assuming the cheaper cartridges are of
> lower quality, would buying a cheap black cartridge have an adverse effect
> on colour photo printing? My other question is, does anyone know how to
> disable the two photo cartridges for printing lower quality colour images?
> Thanks.

Max Danife

Lewis wrote:
> I recently purchased an Epson photo R200 printer

Abuse report filed with http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) .

Max Danife

doS wrote:
> email me.

At (E-Mail Removed) .

doS

You are about a dumbass.

"Max Danife" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Hnz3e.10616$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Lewis wrote:
>> I recently purchased an Epson photo R200 printer

> Abuse report filed with (E-Mail Removed) .

doS

repoted filed: (E-Mail Removed)

"Max Danife" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8xz3e.10627$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> doS wrote:
>> email me.

> At (E-Mail Removed) .

Barney

"Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)> had
writtennews:d2mefq$8hg$(E-Mail Removed):

> I recently purchased an Epson photo R200 printer, which I'm very
> pleased with. I have always found third party inks have produced
> images well below the quality of the official cartridges. I do
> quite a lot of B&W text printing and as a compromise I was
> considering buying third party/refilled black ink and official
> colour ink. Assuming the cheaper cartridges are of lower quality,
> would buying a cheap black cartridge have an adverse effect on
> colour photo printing? My other question is, does anyone know how
> to disable the two photo cartridges for printing lower quality
> colour images? Thanks.

I have a Canon BJC 4100. I use the refills for the B&W only. Simply
because I print nothing in colour and can use the single cartridge
option. After about 3 or 4 refills, I do have to buy a new catridge.
The contacts wear out. Let it sit about an hour after refilling,
before reinstalling the cartridge.
A refill package can do about 10 or more BUT the cartridge is not
designed to be reused often.

--
Barney __________________________
Wisdom from the sleeping dogs!

valeofbelvoirdrinker

No reason why third party refills/cartridges are of lower quality than
OE. Some of course will be but others not.
Printers are sold too cheaply - I have heard they are sometimes even
sold at a loss , and the profitability comes from the expendable
items.So OE cartridges are expensive.
I find Printrite and Identinkle refills as close to OE that any
differences are negligible. The Identinkle refills are guaranteed full
of ink , it has been known for printers to be sold with partially
filled cartridges.

BIGEYE

"valeofbelvoirdrinker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No reason why third party refills/cartridges are of lower quality than
> OE. Some of course will be but others not.
> Printers are sold too cheaply - I have heard they are sometimes even
> sold at a loss , and the profitability comes from the expendable
> items.So OE cartridges are expensive.
> I find Printrite and Identinkle refills as close to OE that any
> differences are negligible. The Identinkle refills are guaranteed full
> of ink , it has been known for printers to be sold with partially
> filled cartridges.

You are using B&W a lot. Do as I have done, buy a cheap laser printer for
all your B&W, e.g. Samsung ML1510. Use the R200 for colour/photos. I have
the R300 and use with compats. no problem.
Inkjets are the most expensive printers to keep going on ink, whereas lasers
are the most economical, and better quality B&W print.

Plato

Lewis wrote:

> I recently purchased an Epson photo R200 printer, which I'm very pleased
> with. I have always found third party inks have produced images well below
> the quality of the official cartridges. I do quite a lot of B&W text
> printing and as a compromise I was considering buying third party/refilled
> black ink and official colour ink. Assuming the cheaper cartridges are of
> lower quality, would buying a cheap black cartridge have an adverse effect
> on colour photo printing? My other question is, does anyone know how to

What does your experience tell you?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/