Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Geforce FX5900 OK on ASRock motherboard AGP 1.5v socket?

Geforce FX5900 OK on ASRock motherboard AGP 1.5v socket?

xxxxxx

Just bought an ASRock K7upgrade-600 motherboard. It is marked
with a warning sticker not to use a 3.3V agp card as it uses
1.5V. How can I tell if my Prolink Geforce FX5900 card is safe
to use?

I have searched the net (not exhaustively yet) but without
success though I saw a reference to '...a list of compatible
cards with the ASRock manual' but I can find no sign of this in
the box or on the CD.

I have messaged Prolink at their website but my browser then
crashed so I don't know if the message went.

xxxxxx

Ignore this - I've now found the answer after further searching
of the net.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

xxxxxx wrote:

> Just bought an ASRock K7upgrade-600 motherboard. It is marked
> with a warning sticker not to use a 3.3V agp card as it uses
> 1.5V. How can I tell if my Prolink Geforce FX5900 card is safe
> to use?
>
> I have searched the net (not exhaustively yet) but without
> success though I saw a reference to '...a list of compatible
> cards with the ASRock manual' but I can find no sign of this in
> the box or on the CD.
>
> I have messaged Prolink at their website but my browser then
> crashed so I don't know if the message went.

I was under the impression the slots are slightly different for
different voltages.

--
If it fits, you don't need to quit.