Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Roxio Media Creator- question about write speed

Roxio Media Creator- question about write speed

Cognito

Hi,

I'm asking this question for my nephew and I'm hoping someone can help. He
is using Roxio Media Creator and up until 2 weeks ago he was able to use the
disk-copy speed at 16X but now it will only write at 6-8X. Is this a drive
problem?

Thanks for any input.

-Cog

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Cognito wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm asking this question for my nephew and I'm hoping someone can help. He
> is using Roxio Media Creator and up until 2 weeks ago he was able to use the
> disk-copy speed at 16X but now it will only write at 6-8X. Is this a drive
> problem?
>
> Thanks for any input.
>
> -Cog

Maybe, but it could be the discs themselves. What speed is printed on
the box of discs?

Cognito

"Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cwg3e.107$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cognito wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm asking this question for my nephew and I'm hoping someone can help.
>> He is using Roxio Media Creator and up until 2 weeks ago he was able to
>> use the disk-copy speed at 16X but now it will only write at 6-8X. Is
>> this a drive problem?
>>
>> Thanks for any input.

> Maybe, but it could be the discs themselves. What speed is printed on the
> box of discs?

Thanks for the quick reply! I don't have the exact answer to what speed is
printed on the box of discs but he did say they are the same discs that were
working at 16X before this problem arised, so I'm guessing it's safe to
assume the discs are compatible.
Thanks again...