Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Drive C icon: "flying windows type"

Drive C icon: "flying windows type"

Ace Hung

Hi I have a win 98 celeron 300. When I open windows explorer, I see the
icon representing drive C is a "flying windows" type, the type that is
not associated with anything.

How do I get drive C to be represented by the normal harddisk icon?

Thanks!

trout

Ace Hung wrote:

> Hi I have a win 98 celeron 300. When I open windows explorer, I see
> the icon representing drive C is a "flying windows" type, the type
> that is not associated with anything.
>
> How do I get drive C to be represented by the normal harddisk icon?
>
> Thanks!

Go to Start Menu; Settings; Folder Options; File Types tab. Scroll
down the list and select "Drive", click "Edit", and then Change Icon.
--
I'm *assuming* this is the same as my 98SE...