Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > deleting items from taskbar

deleting items from taskbar

ivan clough

Hi.
Could someone tell me how to delete items from my taskbar.
TIA
Ivan

--
www.goodforu2.co.uk

WormWood

Right click on the Icon, choose 'disable' or 'delete'.

"ivan clough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d2jjqf$6o6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
> Could someone tell me how to delete items from my taskbar.
> TIA
> Ivan
>

> --
> www.goodforu2.co.uk

Wizard

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! You fuycktard ****. What if he is referring to icons
in the notification area? What if his toolbar is locked? You ****ing
brain-dead piece of ****.

> "ivan clough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d2jjqf$6o6$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi.
>> Could someone tell me how to delete items from my taskbar.
>> TIA
>> Ivan
>>

>> --
>> www.goodforu2.co.uk

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

ivan clough wrote:
> Hi.
> Could someone tell me how to delete items from my taskbar.

If you mean keep them from starting up each time you start the computer,
then double click the program icon and dig around for a place to disable
automatic startup, frequently under Preferences. If no luck there, you
can kill it by uninstalling it in Control panel > Add/Remove programs.

Plato

ivan clough wrote:

> Could someone tell me how to delete items from my taskbar.

Best bet is to run the program and look in the config/etc section for an
option to NOT turn it on when windows starts.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

ivan clough

Plato <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:424d7884$2$22399$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ivan clough wrote:
> >
> > Could someone tell me how to delete items from my taskbar.

> Best bet is to run the program and look in the config/etc section for an
> option to NOT turn it on when windows starts.

Thanks a bunch for all replies.
It is the MSN Messenger icon I wanted to get rid of but as it isn't doing
any
harm will leave it for the moment.
Ivan

> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

ivan clough wrote:

> Plato <|@|.|> wrote in message
> news:424d7884$2$22399$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>ivan clough wrote:
>>
>>>Could someone tell me how to delete items from my taskbar.

>>Best bet is to run the program and look in the config/etc section for an
>>option to NOT turn it on when windows starts.
>>

> Thanks a bunch for all replies.
> It is the MSN Messenger icon I wanted to get rid of but as it isn't doing
> any
> harm will leave it for the moment.
> Ivan

Close Messenger and it should minimise to the systray.

>>--
>>http://www.bootdisk.com/

JANA

If you open up NSN Messenger, and go to Tools, Options. Click on the General
tab, and remove the check marks from, Automatically run Messenger when I log
on to Windows, and also remove the check mark for, Display MSN Today when
Messenger signs in.

--

JANA
_____

"ivan clough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d2k6cs$soq$(E-Mail Removed)...

Plato <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:424d7884$2$22399$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ivan clough wrote:
> >
> > Could someone tell me how to delete items from my taskbar.

> Best bet is to run the program and look in the config/etc section for an
> option to NOT turn it on when windows starts.

Thanks a bunch for all replies.
It is the MSN Messenger icon I wanted to get rid of but as it isn't doing
any
harm will leave it for the moment.
Ivan

> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

Plato

http://www.computerlynx.net/remove_messenger.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302089

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Lookout

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:54:55 +0100, "ivan clough"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi.
>Could someone tell me how to delete items from my taskbar.
>TIA
>Ivan

Start\Run
type in msconfig