Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Monitor display shakes after sleeping

Monitor display shakes after sleeping

Lookout

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:39:59 -0500, "Julie P."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I tried switching to 1024 x 768 display resolution recently on my 17"
>Gateway2000 CrystalScan monitor. I use Windows XP Home. I didn't like the
>results, so I switched back to 800 x 600.
>
>Ever since then, after sleeping, or starting up after turned off, the
>monitor display shakes along the border of the window for about a minute or
>two, then stops. This never used to happen until I did the switch above.
>
>I went back and checked my monitor settings, and played around with things,
>but there was really nothing that fixed the problem. I know when I first
>switched back to 800x 600, my monitor asked me a question, like what Hertz I
>wanted. It offered me two choices, but I didn't know what to choose, so it
>made the choice for me. Now it says it is at 60 Hz. Don't know if this has
>anything to do with it.
>
>Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
>
>Julie

It's not the monitor it's you!
It's called DTs and don't drink as much the night before and the
shaking should go away in a week or so.

Lookout

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:41:40 -0500, "Julie P."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>> that

>> from 60
>>
>> Where you change your HZ click on the option to hide resolutions your
>> monitor can't use; Then select the highest allowable.
>>

>I didn't see that option there at all.
>
>> Too high a HZ can destroy your monitor, and a google of yours shows 75
>> being the highest possible.
>>

>Thanks! I just switched it to 75, as well as 1024 x 768 with 120 DPI to make
>the fonts larger!

You can change font size and spacing when ever you want no matter what
the DPI is.