Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet link up.

Internet link up.

Mike Urwin

Dear Helpdesk,

I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill, ie not
on broadband. My internet usage does not yet warrent buying broadband.

This computer is using Windows 98, but my new computer is using Windows XP.
The new computer needs an internet access. Do you have any options apart
from Broadband? If so, how can I access this/these, in order to start.

I look forward to your reply,

Yours faithfully,

Mike Urwin

trout

Mike Urwin wrote:

> Dear Helpdesk,
>
> I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill,
> ie not on broadband. My internet usage does not yet warrent buying
> broadband.
>
> This computer is using Windows 98, but my new computer is using
> Windows XP. The new computer needs an internet access. Do you have
> any options apart from Broadband? If so, how can I access
> this/these, in order to start.
>
> I look forward to your reply,
>
> Yours faithfully,
>
> Mike Urwin

You'll need to contact your ISP (this ain't it).
Try http://virgin.net/
--
If you are not incapacitated with mirth at the various amusing 'answers'
you'll no doubt receive.

Old Gringo

Mike Urwin wrote:
> Dear Helpdesk,
>
> I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill, ie not
> on broadband. My internet usage does not yet warrent buying broadband.
>
> This computer is using Windows 98, but my new computer is using Windows XP.
> The new computer needs an internet access. Do you have any options apart
> from Broadband? If so, how can I access this/these, in order to start.
>
> I look forward to your reply,
>
> Yours faithfully,
>
> Mike Urwin

After reading your post I have decided to take up brain surgery.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

WormWood

"Mike Urwin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:V3_2e.1047$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear Helpdesk,
>
> I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill, ie
> not
> on broadband. My internet usage does not yet warrent buying
> broadband.
>
> This computer is using Windows 98, but my new computer is using
> Windows XP.
> The new computer needs an internet access. Do you have any options
> apart
> from Broadband? If so, how can I access this/these, in order to
> start.
>
> I look forward to your reply,
>
> Yours faithfully,
>
> Mike Urwin

Use the same connection you now have. Just configure the new machine's
dialup to match the one in your old one and plug the phone line into the
modem.

btw, this is not your isp's help desk. This is usenet.

barry

Mike Urwin wrote:
> Dear Helpdesk,
>
> I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill, ie not
> on broadband. My internet usage does not yet warrent buying broadband.
>
> This computer is using Windows 98, but my new computer is using Windows XP.
> The new computer needs an internet access. Do you have any options apart
> from Broadband? If so, how can I access this/these, in order to start.
>
> I look forward to your reply,
>
> Yours faithfully,
>
> Mike Urwin

try virgin. and that's not your real email address is it? Dear oh dear....

Blinky the Shark

Mike Urwin wrote:
> Dear Helpdesk,

> I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill, ie not

And you're two months behind. Pay up or get disconnected. Thank you.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

Rudolpho

Mike Urwin wrote:
> Dear Helpdesk,
>
> I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill, ie not
> on broadband. My internet usage does not yet warrent buying broadband.
>
> This computer is using Windows 98, but my new computer is using Windows XP.
> The new computer needs an internet access. Do you have any options apart
> from Broadband? If so, how can I access this/these, in order to start.
>
> I look forward to your reply,
>
> Yours faithfully,
>
> Mike Urwin

Please visit:
http://www.virgin.net/customers/contactus/
--

Rudolpho

DC

barry wrote:
> Mike Urwin wrote:
>> Dear Helpdesk,

>> I currently use your internet access on a pay as you go phone bill, ie not
>> on broadband. My internet usage does not yet warrent buying broadband.

>> This computer is using Windows 98, but my new computer is using Windows XP.
>> The new computer needs an internet access. Do you have any options apart
>> from Broadband? If so, how can I access this/these, in order to start.

>> I look forward to your reply,

>> Yours faithfully,

>> Mike Urwin

> try virgin. and that's not your real email address is it? Dear oh dear....

Best advice I've read all day. };O)

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Customize Xnews - http://dcicons.fateback.com