Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Am I rich now?

Am I rich now?

Laban Mott

I just received notification that I have won 1.5 million pounds, am I
wealthy now, or is this a scam?

Dear Winner,
RE: BONUS LOTTERY PROMOTION PRIZE AWARDS WINNING NOTIFICATION
We are pleased to notify you of the release today as dated of the
"UK's EnglandPromo Lottery International Promotions programme held on
Mar. 29th 2005 .
Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from
a pool of over 25,000 names of distinguished professionals drawn from
Europe, America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Middle-East, parts of
Africa, and North & South America as part of our international
promotions programme conducted annually to encourage prospective
overseas entries. We hope with part of your prize awards, you will
take part in our subsequent lottery jackpots.
The result of our computer draw 844 selected your name and email
address attached to e-Ticket Number 034-22478556 with serial number
129, which drew the lucky number 06-09-13-15-40-43-02 and consequently
won the lottery grand prize award in the 3rd category.
Therefore, you have won a lottery jackpot prize awards of
1,500,000.00 (one million five hundred thousand pounds Sterling Only)
in cash prize credited to file Ref. No: UKNL/255457004/04. This is
from the total prize of 18,486,220. 00 (Eighteen Million, Four
Hundred and Eighty Six Thousand, Two Hundred and Twenty Pounds
Sterlings) shared among the Thirty Eight overseas lucky winners in
this category as part of our promotional programme for 2004.
Your prize award has been insured in your name and is ready for claim.
To begin your claims therefore, you are advised to expeditiously
contact our licensed and accredited claim agent for EnglandPromo
Lottery Winners within a period of 21 days (date of this letter
inclusive) for the processing of your winning and remittance to your
designated bank account after all statutory obligations have been
satisfactorily dispensed with.
Please be informed that claims not processed within the stipulated
period may be forfeitted to the pool without further notice.
You may wish to establish contact via e-mail with the particulars
presented below citing the batch and reference numbers to this letter.
Telephone lines are open between the hours of 8.00am - 7.30pm on
Monday through Friday
Customer Service Unit,
Tel/Fax No: +44-870-135-2454
Contact person: MR CHRISTIAN MIKE.
Our winners are assured of the utmost standards of confidentiality,
and press anonymity until the end of proceedings, and beyond where
they so desire. Be further advised to maintain the strictest level of
confidentiality until the end of proceedings to circumvent problems
associated with fraudulent cliams.
CONGRATULATIONS !!!
At your disposal, we remain.
Very Truly Yours,
MARY STEWART (Mrs.),
Director.
International Promotions Unit,
UK EnglandPromo LOTTERY,

Steve P

"Laban Mott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1112290833.91bd6a387b98bca235012a3cc1f32b06@t eranews...
> [...]
> satisfactorily dispensed with.
> Please be informed that claims not processed within the stipulated
> period may be forfeitted to the pool without further notice.
> You may wish to establish contact via e-mail with the particulars
> presented below citing the batch and reference numbers to this letter.
> Telephone lines are open between the hours of 8.00am - 7.30pm on
> Monday through Friday
> Customer Service Unit,
> Tel/Fax No: +44-870-135-2454
> Email: (E-Mail Removed)
> Contact person: MR CHRISTIAN MIKE.
> Our winners are assured of the utmost standards of confidentiality,
> and press anonymity until the end of proceedings, and beyond where
> they so desire. Be further advised to maintain the strictest level of
> confidentiality until the end of proceedings to circumvent problems

Well I won it the other day as well so we'll have to share!

Blinky the Shark

Laban Mott wrote:

> I just received notification that I have won 1.5 million pounds, am I
> wealthy now, or is this a scam?

WebTV post. Not surprised.

<snip obvious scam>

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

Paul - xxx

Laban Mott composed the following;:
> I just received notification that I have won 1.5 million pounds, am I
> wealthy now, or is this a scam?

I do believe that this is a real question.

Naivety beyond the call of nature ...

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Joel Rubin

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:40:53 -0500, Laban Mott <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I just received notification that I have won 1.5 million pounds, am I
>wealthy now, or is this a scam?

Yes, but the money is published by Hasbro. (as in the board game
"Monopoly")

On the other hand, if you give them your bank account details, real
money will flow out of it. Alternatively, you may be asked for a
series of taxes, fees, et alia.

In no case will you be able to produce a real thousand pound note that
you got of this deal unless, possibly, there's a reward for their
arrest.

These emails appear to come primarily from the expatriate sons and
daughters of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Back in June or maybe July of last year, I received a standard
Nigerian 419 from Spain and then, maybe 20 minutes later, I received a
"winning notification" FROM THE SAME SPANISH IP!

I Googled and Google-Grouped the winning ticket number and found that,
via email-to-news, the entire newsgroup rec.music.gdead (Greatful
Dead) HAD THE SAME WINNING TICKET NUMBER.

So, apparently, the newsgroup "Deadheads" now have a lifetime's supply
of pot and dayglow-painted school buses thanks to El Fraudo lottery.

Evan Platt

wrote:

>I just received notification that I have won 1.5 million pounds, am I
>wealthy now, or is this a scam?

It's real.

Laban Mott

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:42:45 +0100, "Steve P"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Laban Mott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:1112290833.91bd6a387b98bca235012a3cc1f32b06@ teranews...
>>I just received notification that I have won 1.5 million pounds, am I
>> wealthy now, or is this a scam?
>>

>> Dear Winner,
>> RE: BONUS LOTTERY PROMOTION PRIZE AWARDS WINNING NOTIFICATION
>> We are pleased to notify you of the release today as dated of the
>> "UK's EnglandPromo Lottery International Promotions programme held on
>> Director.
>> International Promotions Unit,
>> UK EnglandPromo LOTTERY,
>>

>Well I won it the other day as well so we'll have to share!

LOL

FatBobRoundPants

"Steve P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Laban Mott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1112290833.91bd6a387b98bca235012a3cc1f32b06@t eranews...
> >I just received notification that I have won 1.5 million pounds, am I
> > wealthy now, or is this a scam?

<SECRET lottery information snipped>

> Well I won it the other day as well so we'll have to share!

Well, I am gonna win it tomorrow so I'm in on that sharing too!

Jana

I even got that one, and others in my emails!

When you try to collect, you will see that they will tell you that you have
to submit handling fee to collect. Then they will come back, and tell you
that there is another one for something else. If you go along with this
crap, you will find yourself giving them money, instead of you collecting!

There are others that also ask for a lot of personal identification. Then
they tell you that they must only do a direct deposit to your account. Once
you give out your account number and some personal information, you will
find it to be emptied out in very short time!

Some of these are very sophisticated that come by emails, with familiar
looking graphics from famous lotteries, and etc. Take care about this type
of thing. Normally lottery contests have to be directly entered by the
participant, or on their behalf from someone else. When issuing a check or
money order to someone, there is no need for more than the very basic
information about someone.

Legitimate lotto operations that work by mail, will send you back a
reference for the winning prize by registered mail, or by a representative
in person. There will be no cost up front from the lottery operations, and
they will not ask any personal questions, other than your name, and maybe
your age. If they sent you a registered letter, then they will not have to
ask for your address.

There are many of these scams going around.

Below are some very good links that you can visit from time to time to learn
about the latest scams that are going on.

Be cautious!

Learn about frauds and scams:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/scams/index_e.htm

http://www.phonebusters.com/english/index.html

http://www.firstgov.gov/fgsearch/ind...true&Submit=Go

--

JANA
_____

[...]

Plato

Laban Mott wrote:

> I just received notification that I have won 1.5 million pounds, am I
> wealthy now, or is this a scam?

Not a scam at all. Just give them a call and your credit card number
when they ask for it for verification and you will magically see all the
money in your bank account.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

rich:dataTable - rich:dataScroller Hollow Quincy Java 5 01-02-2012 08:59 PM
Rich Text Mozilla Firefox browser question anna Firefox 1 04-01-2005 08:00 PM
Need to Know How to Print Rich Text =?Utf-8?B?TmVpbA==?= ASP .Net 1 11-22-2004 12:28 PM
Flash-rich pages db. Firefox 2 07-21-2004 08:05 AM
rich text box issue Catherine Jones ASP .Net 1 12-11-2003 07:49 PM

Advertisments