Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Laptop Battery Life

Reply
Thread Tools

Laptop Battery Life

 
 
Jerry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-31-2005
How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges? Mine
seems to go dead in less than an hour. The battery is about 14 months old
so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.
Is this time frame normal? Is it time to buy another battery?
jd

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-31-2005
Jerry wrote:
> How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges? Mine
> seems to go dead in less than an hour. The battery is about 14 months old
> so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.
> Is this time frame normal? Is it time to buy another battery?
> jd


I've had two HP Pavilion laptops that the batteries would last about two
hours, maybe more when they're fairly new. As time goes by, they hold
less charge. Eventually, yours will get to where it won't hold a
minute's worth of charge. So, if an hour's worth of charge isn't enough
then get another battery. If it is, you can hang on a bit longer.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-31-2005
Jerry wrote:

> How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges? Mine


What kind of battery is it?

> seems to go dead in less than an hour. The battery is about 14 months old
> so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.
> Is this time frame normal? Is it time to buy another battery?


--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
Now killing all posts originating at Google Groups

 
Reply With Quote
 
MrGrumpy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-31-2005
My Sony Vaio lasts about 30 min, before I get a low battery warning. Sony
swapped out the battery - still the same (was a new sys) Fortunately I
rarely have to use other than on mains pwr.

"Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gBN2e.8117$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges? Mine
> seems to go dead in less than an hour. The battery is about 14 months old
> so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.
> Is this time frame normal? Is it time to buy another battery?
> jd
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
pcbutts1
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-31-2005
Buy a new one. HP only has a 12 month warranty on its batteries.

--


The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com



"Jerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gBN2e.8117$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges? Mine
> seems to go dead in less than an hour. The battery is about 14 months old
> so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.
> Is this time frame normal? Is it time to buy another battery?
> jd
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Mack
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-31-2005

My Centrino laptop battery
lasts for about 4 hours. However,
when I had my HP Pentium 4 I
could get about an hour out of it.
Of course, the Centrino does not
run a 3.0 Ghz as does the P4
so if you want speed a compromise
has to be made. Personally I found
an on-line store in California which
would furnish a replacement without
question when I had the P4.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Plato
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-31-2005
Jerry wrote:
>
> How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges? Mine
> seems to go dead in less than an hour. The battery is about 14 months old
> so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.


Time for a new battery.







--
http://www.bootdisk.com/


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jerry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
>
>
>Jerry wrote:
>
>> How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges? Mine

>
>What kind of battery is it?
>
>> seems to go dead in less than an hour. The battery is about 14 months

old
>> so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.
>> Is this time frame normal? Is it time to buy another battery?

>
>--
>Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
>Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
>Now killing all posts originating at Google Groups
>



It's the original Hewlett Packard laptop battery.
jj

 
Reply With Quote
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2005
Jerry wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed)lid says...



>>Jerry wrote:


>>> How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges? Mine


>>What kind of battery is it?


>>> seems to go dead in less than an hour. The battery is about 14 months

> old
>>> so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.
>>> Is this time frame normal? Is it time to buy another battery?


> It's the original Hewlett Packard laptop battery.


What kind of battery is *your* original Hewlett Packard laptop battery?

See, there are, chemically different kinds. Chemically different kinds
have different charging characteristics.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
Now killing all posts originating at Google Groups

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jerry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
>
>
>Jerry wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> (E-Mail Removed)lid says...

>
>
>>>Jerry wrote:

>
>>>> How long should a battery in a HP Pavillion last between charges?

Mine
>
>>>What kind of battery is it?

>
>>>> seems to go dead in less than an hour. The battery is about 14

months
>> old
>>>> so I expected it to last a bit longer than that.
>>>> Is this time frame normal? Is it time to buy another battery?

>
>> It's the original Hewlett Packard laptop battery.

>
>What kind of battery is *your* original Hewlett Packard laptop battery?
>
>See, there are, chemically different kinds. Chemically different kinds
>have different charging characteristics.
>
>--
>Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
>Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
>Now killing all posts originating at Google Groups
>



It is a lithium-ion Hewlett Packard battery with a Sanyo part #
jj

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disconnect Laptop battery when use AC to extend battery life? lbbss Computer Support 8 07-23-2010 09:16 PM
maximizing life of laptop battery Fulio Open Computer Support 2 09-13-2007 08:21 AM
15 Ways to Increase Laptop Battery Life John Napzter Computer Support 3 08-07-2007 05:06 AM
Laptop Battery Life. Wal Computer Support 5 01-21-2004 09:57 PM



Advertisments