Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Screen Display

Screen Display

kipper

I've just upgraded to Win XP Pro and each time I boot up my display seems to
be offset to the left side of the screen. There is a black band down the
right hand side. I can usually correct it by changing the screen resolution
and then changing it back again, but I don't want to have to do this every
time I boot up. I have tried updating the device driver for the display
adapter to no avail. Any recommendations please ?

Xilg the rectum-kisser

kipper, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I've just upgraded to Win XP Pro and each time I boot up my display
> seems to be offset to the left side of the screen. There is a black
> band down the right hand side. I can usually correct it by changing
> the screen resolution and then changing it back again, but I don't
> want to have to do this every time I boot up. I have tried updating
> the device driver for the display adapter to no avail. Any
> recommendations please ?

Adjust the refresh rate then adjust the screen geometry by adjusting the
controls on the monitor.