Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > deepnet explorer

deepnet explorer

sue

I`m trying deepnet explorer and I think it`s OK.

But I can`t open 2 explorers at the same time.
I know I can use the tabs option but surely if I have lots of tabs open ,
then won`t this slow down browsing ?

When I used IE or firefox, if I wanted to keep just one page open while I
browsed normally I would just open the page in one IE/firefox then minimise
it while I browsed normally with another open IE/firefox.
I hope I have explained this well enough!!

°Mike°

A tabbed browser is a neater way to browse -- no more
having a myriad browser windows splattered all over your
desktop or taskbar. It will not slow your browsing down
any more than separate, minimized windows would do.

In <424871ae$0$12821$(E-Mail Removed)>,
sue took 12 lines to utter:

--
Basic computer maintenance

sue

> A tabbed browser is a neater way to browse -- no more
> having a myriad browser windows splattered all over your
> desktop or taskbar. It will not slow your browsing down
> any more than separate, minimized windows would do.

I don`t mean that I want multiple browsers open, ........just 2.
What I used to do is browse normally with one copy of a browser while I can
keep checking the details on a page on the other browser.
I may have got this wrong(!) but I thought having 8 tabs opne in deepnet
explorer would take up the same bandwidth as 8 explorers ???

°Mike°

In <42487889$0$12809$(E-Mail Removed)>,
sue took 15 lines to utter:

>> A tabbed browser is a neater way to browse -- no more
>> having a myriad browser windows splattered all over your
>> desktop or taskbar. It will not slow your browsing down
>> any more than separate, minimized windows would do.
>>

> I don`t mean that I want multiple browsers open, ........just 2.
> What I used to do is browse normally with one copy of a browser while I can
>keep checking the details on a page on the other browser.
> I may have got this wrong(!) but I thought having 8 tabs opne in deepnet
>explorer would take up the same bandwidth as 8 explorers ???

You don't seem to be able to grasp the idea of a tabbed
browser. It is simply a way of keeping multiple pages
open in ONE window. There is nothing more to it.

--
Basic computer maintenance