Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > free zone alarm and AOHell

free zone alarm and AOHell

joev

My bro said that he can't use aol with the free zone alarm I downloaded for him.
I think that is a good thing but he don't see it thata way. I told him to yell
at aol but I don thin that will do any good either. I can't help him cause he is
300 miles away, but was wondering if I should tell him to delete it and then get
something that is compatible?, with aohell.
I hate aol. I think it would be nice if they would cease to exist.
Anything else I could add?

carson

"joev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1112017119.73c1d552cbc04bb012490fd85ef5e806@t eranews...
> My bro said that he can't use aol with the free zone alarm I downloaded

for him.
> I think that is a good thing but he don't see it thata way. I told him to

yell
> at aol but I don thin that will do any good either. I can't help him cause

he is
> 300 miles away, but was wondering if I should tell him to delete it and

then get
> something that is compatible?, with aohell.
> I hate aol. I think it would be nice if they would cease to exist.
> Anything else I could add?

seems to be a common problem
try this
http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=17542#M17542

Miss Perspicacia Tick

joev wrote:
> My bro said that he can't use aol with the free zone alarm I
> downloaded for him. I think that is a good thing but he don't see it
> thata way. I told him to yell at aol but I don thin that will do any
> good either. I can't help him cause he is 300 miles away, but was
> wondering if I should tell him to delete it and then get something
> that is compatible?, with aohell.
> I hate aol. I think it would be nice if they would cease to exist.
> Anything else I could add?

I'm afraid there *IS* only one answer - ditch AOHELL and get a proper ISP.
AOHELL overrides the default settings in ZA (and most other firewalls).
Nothing is compatible with AOHELL (IME).

"If it hurts every time you poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick
(AOHELL), the obvious solution is to quit poking yourself in the eye with a
sharp stick (AOHELL).

If you absolutely MUST poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick (AOHELL),
then feel free to seek assistance from the maker of the sharp stick
(AOHELL)."

elaich

joev <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:1112017119.73c1d552cbc04bb012490fd85ef5e806@t eranews:

> My bro said that he can't use aol with the free zone alarm I
> downloaded for him.

You do NOT have to use the AOL browser once you have connected. You can
open up IE, Firefox, or any other browser, and use it.

Allow the AOL browser out so it can connect home, and it shouldn't mess
with any of the other ZA settings.

joev

On 28 Mar 2005 15:17:26 GMT, elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

~joev <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
~news:1112017119.73c1d552cbc04bb012490fd85ef5e806@ teranews:
~
~> My bro said that he can't use aol with the free zone alarm I
~> downloaded for him.
~
~You do NOT have to use the AOL browser once you have connected. You can
~open up IE, Firefox, or any other browser, and use it.
~
~Allow the AOL browser out so it can connect home, and it shouldn't mess
~with any of the other ZA settings.

His exact message from alhell.

can't sign on to AOL now. Aol Pop up says:
validatioin: not available in zone alarm.

He has dsl, and xp. uses outlook express, and internet explorer 6. It is just
when his wife wants to use the aol stuff that the message comes up. I was
wondering if another fire wall might be better. I never used aol and I am just
trying to help. FWIW.

carson

> He has dsl, and xp. uses outlook express, and internet explorer 6. It is

just
> when his wife wants to use the aol stuff that the message comes up. I was
> wondering if another fire wall might be better. I never used aol and I am

just
> trying to help. FWIW.

I prefer zone alarm over all others
If you wanted another to try
the freeware tiny personal firewall
is very good
Kerio firewall is made by the same people
http://www.freeware-guide.com/dir/util/firewall.html

Plato

joev wrote:

> I hate aol. I think it would be nice if they would cease to exist.

Well, they do seem to keep digging themselves deeper into the hole.
Thing is they always seem to pull a rabit out of their hat and keep on
trucking.

Blinky the Shark

Plato wrote:

> joev wrote:

>> I hate aol. I think it would be nice if they would cease to exist.

> Well, they do seem to keep digging themselves deeper into the hole.
> Thing is they always seem to pull a rabit out of their hat and keep on
> trucking.

More metaphors, please!

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

Free AVG and Zone Alarm? Gualtier Malde Computer Security 4 04-26-2007 12:45 AM
AOHELL and VOIP RH UK VOIP 5 05-29-2005 09:33 PM
Problem sending to aohell? Gil Computer Support 3 04-14-2005 03:52 PM
Audible alarm in Zone Alarm? Patch Computer Support 4 08-18-2003 07:43 PM

Advertisments