Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Network Printer Wont Print

Network Printer Wont Print

Ockerr

Hi Guy
I'm running a Home Networks with 4 Computers, all has been working well.
Today I have a problem
I cant use the Printer from any of my Network Computers exept my main
Computer that is the server.
I have added the Printers and Deleted them several times to the other
Computers and I Just cant print, I can see the Printers, I have shared
them,
I have dissconnected my Firewall. I have renamed done every thing I can
think off. If I go to one of the Network Computers to do a search for the
server Printer I can not find it. So I now presume it is the server
settings
that are the problem. But I cant see anything wrong, I have Shared the
printer exactly as it was before But it just wont be reconised by the
networks.

Cheers and thanks

Keme

Ockerr wrote:
> Hi Guy
> I'm running a Home Networks with 4 Computers, all has been working well.
> Today I have a problem
> I cant use the Printer from any of my Network Computers exept my main
> Computer that is the server.
> I have added the Printers and Deleted them several times to the other
> Computers and I Just cant print, I can see the Printers, I have shared
> them,
> I have dissconnected my Firewall. I have renamed done every thing I can
> think off. If I go to one of the Network Computers to do a search for the
> server Printer I can not find it. So I now presume it is the server
> settings
> that are the problem. But I cant see anything wrong, I have Shared the
> printer exactly as it was before But it just wont be reconised by the
> networks.
>
> Cheers and thanks

May be stray network traffic. Remedy: Switch EVERYTHING off (printers,
computers, hubs, switches, routers, modems, etc.). Disconnect from mains
power, remove batteries from portables and wait a minute or so for
everything to discharge. Patch things up again and start up.

Maybe you are using a Workstation OS as a server. Windows workstation
editions accept up to 5 simultaneous incoming connections (that's what I
heard). If you provide file and print services from the main computer to
all other computers, you have 6 connections to the "server". That may be
the reason for your problem. Try switching one of the computers off
and see if things start working.

Duane Arnold

"Keme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:424781ac$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ockerr wrote:
>> Hi Guy
>> I'm running a Home Networks with 4 Computers, all has been working well.
>> Today I have a problem
>> I cant use the Printer from any of my Network Computers exept my main
>> Computer that is the server.
>> I have added the Printers and Deleted them several times to the other
>> Computers and I Just cant print, I can see the Printers, I have shared
>> them,
>> I have dissconnected my Firewall. I have renamed done every thing I can
>> think off. If I go to one of the Network Computers to do a search for the
>> server Printer I can not find it. So I now presume it is the server
>> settings
>> that are the problem. But I cant see anything wrong, I have Shared the
>> printer exactly as it was before But it just wont be reconised by the
>> networks.
>>
>> Cheers and thanks
>>

> Maybe you are using a Workstation OS as a server. Windows workstation
> editions accept up to 5 simultaneous incoming connections (that's what I
> heard).

That's Windows XP Home that only allows 5 connections.

Duane

Keme

Duane Arnold wrote:
> "Keme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:424781ac$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Ockerr wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Guy
>>>I'm running a Home Networks with 4 Computers, all has been working well.
>>>Today I have a problem
>>>I cant use the Printer from any of my Network Computers exept my main
>>>Computer that is the server.
>>>I have added the Printers and Deleted them several times to the other
>>>Computers and I Just cant print, I can see the Printers, I have shared
>>>them,
>>>I have dissconnected my Firewall. I have renamed done every thing I can
>>>think off. If I go to one of the Network Computers to do a search for the
>>>server Printer I can not find it. So I now presume it is the server
>>>settings
>>>that are the problem. But I cant see anything wrong, I have Shared the
>>>printer exactly as it was before But it just wont be reconised by the
>>>networks.
>>>
>>>Cheers and thanks
>>>

>>Maybe you are using a Workstation OS as a server. Windows workstation
>>editions accept up to 5 simultaneous incoming connections (that's what I
>>heard).

> That's Windows XP Home that only allows 5 connections.
>
> Duane

OK, thanks.

Drifting slightly off topic, but I think it's worth mentioning: I did
encounter a limit when trying to use Win 2000 pro as a license server,
too, but did not count the clients connected when the service stopped
responding. (Potentially 100+ clients on that connection). Switching to
a Win 2000 server edition solved the problem.

Jana

You can try to do a full power down, and reset of everything to start. If
you are running XP, make sure that all the firewalls in everything is turned
off to start. Turn off any other software firewalls.

I had on one small system a problem where there were some network faults.
Doing a full reset of the router, and setting it back up again fixed it.
I've had a few other instances where the client decided to get wise and
installed a Firewall software. After, he called me to tell me that nothing
can talk to each other anymore. I had to come over to his place, and cleanup
and fix what he did.

--

JANA
_____