Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Test posting

Test posting

Ian Field

PC just rebuilt - test posting to see if it works?

Mara

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:16:07 GMT, "Ian Field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>PC just rebuilt - test posting to see if it works?

In future, please do it in test groups created specifically for the purpose,
such as alt.test, please.

"That's what they're for."

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

doS

You use twice the bandwidth as he did...

"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<bitch **** snipped>

Ian Field

Whatever! - I posted, it printed (job done).

cluedweasel

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:00:05 GMT, "Ian Field"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Whatever! - I posted, it printed (job done).

With what looks like your own e-mail address too. Lucky you!

Ian Field

That email bounces - its so overwhelmed with junk mail I haven't bothered
downloading it for over a year.

Old Gringo

Mara wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:16:07 GMT, "Ian Field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>PC just rebuilt - test posting to see if it works?

> In future, please do it in test groups created specifically for the purpose,
> such as alt.test, please.
>
> "That's what they're for."

If I want to send a test email to Aunt Mary in Idaho, will sending
the test email to Aunt Ruth in Michigan let me know if I am getting
through to Aunt Mary?

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

doS

No, But Aunt Mary says to not forget the half gallon of milk again......

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newstJ1e.3603$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Mara wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:16:07 GMT, "Ian Field" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>PC just rebuilt - test posting to see if it works?

>> In future, please do it in test groups created specifically for the
>> purpose,
>> such as alt.test, please.
>>
>> "That's what they're for."
>>

> If I want to send a test email to Aunt Mary in Idaho, will sending the
> test email to Aunt Ruth in Michigan let me know if I am getting through to
> Aunt Mary?
>
> --
> Old Gringo George
> Magic Weaver Of Life
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/>

Old Gringo

doS wrote:
> No, But Aunt Mary says to not forget the half gallon of milk again......
>
> "Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newstJ1e.3603$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>
>>Mara wrote:

>>>In future, please do it in test groups created specifically for the
>>>purpose,
>>>such as alt.test, please.
>>>
>>>"That's what they're for."
>>>

>>If I want to send a test email to Aunt Mary in Idaho, will sending the
>>test email to Aunt Ruth in Michigan let me know if I am getting through to
>>Aunt Mary?
>>
>>--
>>Old Gringo George
>>Magic Weaver Of Life
>>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
>>Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/>

LOL I'm going to wait till I get to Boise to pick it up.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Ian Field

Ok - it works - what more does anyone want?!!!!!

PS My new email accounts reject username/password - there must be something
really obvious I'm missing - before I phone NTL's very expensive premium
rate tech-support line?