Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Driver needed please

Driver needed please

Sam

Hello,

I have an old system which I have formatted and installed XP Pro on and
everything seems to be working fine except the modem driver which just won't
install. I have tried removing the modem and re booting but the new
hardware wizard still wont accept the driver. I think I need a driver that
is compatible with XP but I have searched google without success. In Device
manager it is listed as a simple communications device and all I can see on
the modem it'self is "56K DAA E"

Can anyone help me to get this modem working please.

Thank you.

DC

Sam wrote:
> Hello,

> I have an old system which I have formatted and installed XP Pro on and
> everything seems to be working fine except the modem driver which just won't
> install. I have tried removing the modem and re booting but the new
> hardware wizard still wont accept the driver. I think I need a driver that
> is compatible with XP but I have searched google without success. In Device
> manager it is listed as a simple communications device and all I can see on
> the modem it'self is "56K DAA E"

> Can anyone help me to get this modem working please.

> Thank you.

This purports to be an XP driver:

http://www.pcchipsusa.com/mod/pctel_daa/pcteldaa_xp.ZIP

Couldn't hurt to try it (I think). }:O)

Scan your download, 'course...

Good luck.

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Customize Xnews - http://dcicons.fateback.com

Sam

Wow, Thank's DC, it WORKED. I am so relieved. I owe you a pint. All I
can say is thank god for Newsgroups and people like you.

Cheers.
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

Sam wrote:
> Wow, Thank's DC, it WORKED. I am so relieved. I owe you a pint. All I
> can say is thank god for Newsgroups and people like you.

> Cheers.

Great! Glad to be of help. }:O)