Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Convert database BRW files into DBF files ?

Convert database BRW files into DBF files ?

geothermal

Hi All,

I don't know databases very well. I have ACT and I
have Point. I'd like to convert all my Point BRW files
into DBF files for ACT.

Not sure if such a converter exists of if I can do it
with either program. Maybe I can convert the files
into some other file type first ?

Any comments welcome. TIA.

geothermal
--
"Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say
and not giving a damn." -- Gore Vidal

Toolman Tim

"geothermal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I don't know databases very well. I have ACT and I
> have Point. I'd like to convert all my Point BRW files
> into DBF files for ACT.
>
> Not sure if such a converter exists of if I can do it
> with either program. Maybe I can convert the files
> into some other file type first ?
>
> Any comments welcome. TIA.
>
> geothermal

Hi, G!

You'll probably have good success if Point will export the BRW to CSV
(comma separated variable format) and if ACT imports them. I do that for
address books between different email clients without too much trouble.

geothermal

Toolman Tim wrote:
> "geothermal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>Hi All,
>>I don't know databases very well. I have ACT and I
>>have Point. I'd like to convert all my Point BRW files
>>into DBF files for ACT.
>>
>>geothermal

> Hi, G!
>
> You'll probably have good success if Point will export the BRW to CSV
> (comma separated variable format) and if ACT imports them. I do that for
> address books between different email clients without too much trouble.

Thanks for the idea Tim, but it doesn't look like Point will bulk
export anything except to the printer ! Yuck !

cheerio,

geothermal

Ian Jackson

In message <1112037159.611386@yasure>, geothermal
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Toolman Tim wrote:
>> "geothermal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi All,
>>>I don't know databases very well. I have ACT and I
>>>have Point. I'd like to convert all my Point BRW files
>>>into DBF files for ACT.
>>>
>>>geothermal

>> Hi, G!
>> You'll probably have good success if Point will export the BRW to
>>CSV (comma separated variable format) and if ACT imports them. I do
>>that for address books between different email clients without too
>>much trouble.

>Thanks for the idea Tim, but it doesn't look like Point will bulk
>export anything except to the printer ! Yuck !
>
>cheerio,
>
>geothermal

One of the things that 'Paperless Printer' will 'print' to is Excel.
Although I don't know anything about Point, is there any chance that you
could use it to produce Excel files from your Point files, and go from
there?

Just a thought...
Ian.