Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Free Virus Scanner?

Free Virus Scanner?

Carver Lee

now that AVG no longer supports has a free version what is everyone using?

JANA

Are you saying that AVG no longer has a free one???

I will have to check this out...

--

JANA
_____

"Carver Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d%i1e.2505703$(E-Mail Removed)...
> now that AVG no longer supports has a free version what is everyone using?

old john

how about free avg 7 from grisoft..google it good luck
...J
"Carver Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d%i1e.2505703$(E-Mail Removed)...
> now that AVG no longer supports has a free version what is everyone using?

Dave Lear

"Carver Lee" wrote in message
news:d%i1e.2505703$(E-Mail Removed)

> now that AVG no longer supports has a free version what is
> everyone using?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=avg+free

Top link returned will lead you to the AVG 7 Free download page...

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

Carver Lee

"Dave Lear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=avg+free
>
> Top link returned will lead you to the AVG 7 Free download page...
>
> http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

But they don't update the virus definitions anymore do they?

Ingeborg

"Carver Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:d%i1e.2505703$(E-Mail Removed):

> now that AVG no longer supports has a free version what is everyone
> using?

AntiVir <http://www.free-av.com>

philo

Carver Lee wrote:
> now that AVG no longer supports has a free version what is everyone using?

avg 7 is free

some people say avast is a good, free virus checker

cluedweasel

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:03:18 GMT, "Carver Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Dave Lear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=avg+free
>>
>> Top link returned will lead you to the AVG 7 Free download page...
>>
>> http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5
>>

>But they don't update the virus definitions anymore do they?

I guess that priority update for my AVG7 free that I recieved 20
minutes ago was a figment of my imagination. Why don't you just
download AVG7 free, install it and then see if it updates rather than
believing any old rubbish someone may have told you?

trout

Carver Lee wrote:

> "Dave Lear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=avg+free
>>
>> Top link returned will lead you to the AVG 7 Free download page...
>>
>> http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5
>>

> But they don't update the virus definitions anymore do they?

What made you think *that*?
--
You perhaps heard that about previous program versions.

Carver Lee

"trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Carver Lee wrote:
>
> > "Dave Lear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=avg+free
> >>
> >> Top link returned will lead you to the AVG 7 Free download page...
> >>
> >> http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5
> >>

> > But they don't update the virus definitions anymore do they?

> What made you think *that*?
> --
> You perhaps heard that about previous program versions.

Heard it through the grapevine.. apparently I was wrong.

appreciate it guys.