Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Quantization levels of received symbol for viterbi decoder

Quantization levels of received symbol for viterbi decoder

sunil

i am designing viterbi decoder. i have one problem. i am doing 3bit
quantiser for quantizing the received symbols(noise addedsymbols). but
my problem is from which number to which number i have to take as
quantization level. either from 0 to 7 or -3 to 4. depending on those
the branch metric is varying. which will give minimum metric as best
metric. i am planning to calculate hamming distance.
if any body have the idea on this please mail me.
thank u.
bye

Oleg

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (sunil) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> i am designing viterbi decoder. i have one problem. i am doing 3bit
> quantiser for quantizing the received symbols(noise addedsymbols). but
> my problem is from which number to which number i have to take as
> quantization level. either from 0 to 7 or -3 to 4. depending on those
> the branch metric is varying. which will give minimum metric as best
> metric. i am planning to calculate hamming distance.
> if any body have the idea on this please mail me.
> thank u.
> bye

Hi,
I am designing the same as you. If you plane to use Hamming distance
then definitely use [0:7]. I have tested it and compared with Matlab's
Viterbi.
Good luck

viterbi decoder ashok_vlsi VHDL 5 11-25-2009 07:56 PM
viterbi decoder bharathi VHDL 2 10-31-2006 03:04 PM
Re: Viterbi Decoder path memory using Block RAM Ved P Singh VHDL 0 04-29-2005 05:09 AM
adaptive viterbi decoder design sunil VHDL 1 02-19-2004 09:02 AM
viterbi decoder design bharathi VHDL 1 02-08-2004 05:52 AM

Advertisments