Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Video card, possible PSU problem.

Video card, possible PSU problem.

Dave

I just bought a Gigabyte GeForce 6600GT and installed it into my computer.
It takes power from the Power Supply to run, which I had to take from my
DVD-ROM that was a secondary drive.

Whenever my DVD-RW is in use (to install drivers/try out a game) the
computer freezes.

I believe this may be due to the PSU only being a 350W, but before buying a
450, I wanted to make sure that this would in fact be the problem with the
card.

My system is a P4 3.2 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM, 80Gb and 200Gb HDD, DVD-RW, DVD-ROM
ASUS P4S800 Mobo, WinTV Tuner. Right now I am using on-board graphics until
I can get the new PSU or figure out the problem.

Thanks for any help.

--
Dave

Mr Floppy

Un-****ING-believable
--
Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

Dave

: Un-****ING-believable
:

So I ask a question and you post this? Do you know what the problem may be?
On a post to a different forum someone thought I had one DVD drive, when in
fact the post reads that I have two. I have completely uninstalled the
other drive.

He had a smartassed answer like yours, so I thought maybe you thought the
same thing.

Dave

--

Dave wrote:

> : Un-****ING-believable
> :
>
> So I ask a question and you post this?

You seem surprised?

> Do you know what the problem may
> be?

Do you know what it isn't?

> On a post to a different forum someone thought I had one DVD drive,
> when in
> fact the post reads that I have two. I have completely uninstalled the
> other drive.

Well, kudos to you.

Two "smartassed" answers, from one ****witted question, you're lucky.

--
Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

BagLady

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>: Un-****ING-believable
> :
>
> So I ask a question and you post this? Do you know what the problem may
> be?
> On a post to a different forum someone thought I had one DVD drive, when
> in
> fact the post reads that I have two. I have completely uninstalled the
> other drive.
>
> He had a smartassed answer like yours, so I thought maybe you thought the
> same thing.
>
> Dave
>
> --
> : Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

Dave, both Mr Floppy and Wizard are a couple of friendless fools
who only have the web, it's the only method they have to boost
their low self esteem.

Mr Floppy

BagLady wrote:

> Dave, both Mr Floppy and Wizard are a couple of friendless fools
> who only have the web, it's the only method they have to boost
> their low self esteem.

Well, at least your right about that Wizard ****.

Ohhhh, and I dont use the "web" for Usenet, if you had as much brains as the
malformed lump of retarded flesh you call a tit, you would be able to see
that.

--
Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

Dave

"Mr Floppy" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
: Dave wrote:
:

:
: > Do you know what the problem may
: > be?
:
: Do you know what it isn't?

I don't believe it would be the DVD Drive, I really believe it is a lack of
power in the system, but I wanted another opinion before buying one.

: >
: > He had a smartassed answer like yours, so I thought maybe you thought
the
: > same thing.
:
: Two "smartassed" answers, from one ****witted question, you're lucky.

I don't understand what is dumb about my question. My videocard is
obviously causing my system to lock up whenever something is in use. But I
want to be sure, there are a lot of experienced people out there that may
know something I looked over.

If you can help, I appreciate it.

Dave

:
: >
: > Dave
: >
:
: --

So try a differen't PSU BEFORE you buy one, you ****ing mental arse target.

****in hell, do you want me to hold your hand while you install it?

--
Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

Dave

"Mr Floppy" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
: Dave wrote:
:

Okay, I see. The only thing is the other PSU I have is a 250, but I will
give it a shot. Thanks!

: So try a differen't PSU BEFORE you buy one, you ****ing mental arse
target.
:
Okay, I see. The only thing is the other PSU I have is a 250, but I will
give it a shot. Thanks!

: ****in hell, do you want me to hold your hand while you install it?

No, I'll need both hands to install it!

Dave
:
: --
: Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

Wizard

Mr Floppy wrote:
> BagLady wrote:
>

>> Dave, both Mr Floppy and Wizard are a couple of friendless fools
>> who only have the web, it's the only method they have to boost
>> their low self esteem.

> Well, at least your right about that Wizard ****.

She's still mad because I refused sex with her.