Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how do i start a new newsgroup?

how do i start a new newsgroup?

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
25 Mar 2005 06:38:01 GMT, fred <123@456.789> screamed from behind the
mulberry bush:

>Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) t:
>
>> fred wrote:
>>
>>> I'm useing Xnews, any thoughts?

>> You start it in alt.config. Ask them there for guidance.
>>

>thanks

Wait till they get a load of you.

--

Zittmutter AKA Dr Zonk offers McDougal some oral carnal knowledge in Message-ID: <(E-Mail Removed)>

"That's what your dead mother said...right before I ****ed her."

Jason, AKA a host of other sock puppets, displays a proclivity for being a mother****er *and* a necrophiliac in Message-ID: <Xns9600B0B4DFAF6spamspamsnuhspam33@207.14.113.1 7>

elaich

fred <123@456.789> wrote in news:Xns9623E63ECDE22123456789@24.71.223.159:

>> You start it in alt.config. Ask them there for guidance.

You do not start a new newsgroup in alt.config. alt.config USED to be there
for people to talk about the pros and cons of starting new newsgroups.
These days, it's a hangout for trolls and abusers that puts most other
groups to shame.

There's nobody in alt.config that will start your new group for you. There
are still one or two people who will tell you how to do it, if you ask them
nicely.

It's all a matter of issuing the proper commands to the proper servers.

Start all the newsgroups you want. Getting any news servers to pick them up
and broadcast them - now, that's the real question.

elaich

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> mindless.com>

Well, you got one thing right in your bio.

25 Mar 2005 07:04:30 GMT, fred <123@456.789> screamed from behind the
mulberry bush:

>Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) t:
>
>> fred wrote:
>>
>>> Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> any idea why yer such a dick? On second though, i'll let yer mind
>>> wander on that issue. You sound like a dickhead.

>> After you learn a bit about the process, you may see the wisdom in his
>> advice.
>>

>"i think you need to get bent?" It doesn't take a rocket scienset to
>see that he is a dick, Why defend him? What did I ask wrong, i just
>wanna know how to start a new group. Why does that simple question
>invite attacks on my mother? Seems like a retard response to me.

You clueless ****er, do you know how to read sigs and attributions? If
you check out the message ID, you'll see that it was posted by a
cretin going by Dr Zonk (and a host of other aliases.) The other
message ID is attributed to some snuh jerk off who was trying insult
his way out of being shown that he's an idiot. OTH, I'll be watching
alt.config closely as they shred your hide for proposing yet another
useless newsgroup that will be abandoned amongst the thousands of
other groups gathering spam. No wonder Usenet is floundering in a sea
of bullshit. Maybe there should be a Usenet Cabal to clean up all the
junk.

--

Zittmutter AKA Dr Zonk offers McDougal some oral carnal knowledge in Message-ID: <(E-Mail Removed)>

"That's what your dead mother said...right before I ****ed her."

Jason, AKA a host of other sock puppets, displays a proclivity for being a mother****er *and* a necrophiliac in Message-ID: <Xns9600B0B4DFAF6spamspamsnuhspam33@207.14.113.1 7>

Blinky the Shark

fred wrote:

> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) :

>> fred wrote:

>>> Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>> any idea why yer such a dick? On second though, i'll let yer mind
>>> wander on that issue. You sound like a dickhead.

>> After you learn a bit about the process, you may see the wisdom in his
>> advice.

> "i think you need to get bent?" It doesn't take a rocket scienset to
> see that he is a dick, Why defend him? What did I ask wrong, i just
> wanna know how to start a new group. Why does that simple question
> invite attacks on my mother? Seems like a retard response to me.

That was in his sig, not in the body of his post. The body said "Yes,
don't", in response to your question about how to create a new
newsgroup. I told you to go to alt.config for guidance; the Doc's
advice is based on the fact that with 100,000+ newsgroups, there's only
a very tiny chance that there's any need for yours. Both are solid
suggestions -- don't; but if you feel you must, go to alt.config where
such things are dealt with.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

fred wrote:
> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>

>>fred wrote:
>>
>>>Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed). net:

>>>thanks

>>You're welcome.
>>

> see, this is so much better than some dicknose dishin' my mother(which he
> know nothing about). Thanks again for your help.

That was his sig, and it's dissin' not dishin'.

25 Mar 2005 07:06:17 GMT, fred <123@456.789> screamed from behind the
mulberry bush:

>Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) t:
>
>> fred wrote:
>>> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) :

>>> thanks

>> You're welcome.
>>

>see, this is so much better than some dicknose dishin' my mother(which he
>know nothing about). Thanks again for your help.

You're an idiot, fred.

--

Zittmutter AKA Dr Zonk offers McDougal some oral carnal knowledge in Message-ID: <(E-Mail Removed)>

"That's what your dead mother said...right before I ****ed her."

Jason, AKA a host of other sock puppets, displays a proclivity for being a mother****er *and* a necrophiliac in Message-ID: <Xns9600B0B4DFAF6spamspamsnuhspam33@207.14.113.1 7>

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
25 Mar 2005 07:19:17 +0000 (UTC), elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> screamed from behind
the mulberry bush:

>Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> mindless.com>

>Well, you got one thing right in your bio.

Hey, you're as big a ****wit as fred, who can't tell what quoted
attributes are and takes offense to them. It's a valid e-mail address,
you festering sore on a baboon's scrotum. Next up, a complete lack of
brain function when you start ranting about "I bet you're not a real
doctor"

--

Zittmutter AKA Dr Zonk offers McDougal some oral carnal knowledge in Message-ID: <(E-Mail Removed)>

"That's what your dead mother said...right before I ****ed her."

Jason, AKA a host of other sock puppets, displays a proclivity for being a mother****er *and* a necrophiliac in Message-ID: <Xns9600B0B4DFAF6spamspamsnuhspam33@207.14.113.1 7>

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
25 Mar 2005 08:11:56 GMT, Brian H¹© <(E-Mail Removed)>

fred, and his lower case pal, elaich, are drooling ****ing idiots.

--

Zittmutter AKA Dr Zonk offers McDougal some oral carnal knowledge in Message-ID: <(E-Mail Removed)>

"That's what your dead mother said...right before I ****ed her."

Jason, AKA a host of other sock puppets, displays a proclivity for being a mother****er *and* a necrophiliac in Message-ID: <Xns9600B0B4DFAF6spamspamsnuhspam33@207.14.113.1 7>

trout

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor wrote:

> fred, and his lower case pal, elaich, are drooling ****ing idiots.

Yeah. And your 3-line attribution and 11-line sig make *you* look
like a ****ing genius.
--
Over and over and over and ****ing over......