Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > memtest 86

memtest 86

doS

I am running memtest on my new board. I am getting errors, like 200 on test
5 and 7 on test 7 . I have 3 slots for ram,2 slots are being used, slot 1
and 3. Can changing slots make a difference, say I use 1 and 2 instead of 1
and 3?

SgtMinor

doS wrote:

> I am running memtest on my new board. I am getting errors, like 200 on test
> 5 and 7 on test 7 . I have 3 slots for ram,2 slots are being used, slot 1
> and 3. Can changing slots make a difference, say I use 1 and 2 instead of 1
> and 3?

I use 3 sluts and never get any errors.

doS

I somehow believe that.

"SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> doS wrote:
>
> > I am running memtest on my new board. I am getting errors, like 200 on

test
> > 5 and 7 on test 7 . I have 3 slots for ram,2 slots are being used, slot

1
> > and 3. Can changing slots make a difference, say I use 1 and 2 instead

of 1
> > and 3?
> >

> I use 3 sluts and never get any errors.

MrB

Eventually, you will get the BSOD.

"SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> doS wrote:
>
>> I am running memtest on my new board. I am getting errors, like 200 on
>> test
>> 5 and 7 on test 7 . I have 3 slots for ram,2 slots are being used, slot 1
>> and 3. Can changing slots make a difference, say I use 1 and 2 instead of
>> 1
>> and 3?
>>

> I use 3 sluts and never get any errors.

Walter Mautner

SgtMinor wrote:

> doS wrote:
>
>> I am running memtest on my new board. I am getting errors, like 200 on
>> test 5 and 7 on test 7 . I have 3 slots for ram,2 slots are being used,
>> slot 1 and 3. Can changing slots make a difference, say I use 1 and 2
>> instead of 1 and 3?
>>

> I use 3 sluts and never get any errors.

Besides that one message "welcome to a new member of the AIDS club" the
other morning?
*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.11-mm4[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

Walter Mautner

doS wrote:

> I am running memtest on my new board. I am getting errors, like 200 on
> test 5 and 7 on test 7 . I have 3 slots for ram,2 slots are being used,
> slot 1 and 3. Can changing slots make a difference, say I use 1 and 2
> instead of 1 and 3?

Surely it can. Try if you have the time, but then rather try change timings
in your bios, or other ram sticks.