Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > frustrating

frustrating

mysticcrimrose

I have a virus in my computer and I am very confused on how to get ri
of it. I am going to be getting a better virus scan in like 2 week
when I get paid but for the mean time I have AVG free edition. (I kno
not the best but...) The virus is the javabyteverify...how do I get i
out of my computer

--
mysticcrimros
mysticcrimrose's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1108

Oldus Fartus

mysticcrimrose wrote:
> I have a virus in my computer and I am very confused on how to get rid
> of it. I am going to be getting a better virus scan in like 2 weeks
> when I get paid but for the mean time I have AVG free edition. (I know
> not the best but...) The virus is the javabyteverify...how do I get it
> out of my computer?

http://www.24help.info/showthread.ph...73&page=2&pp=5 should guide
you through it.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

ts570d

AVG is a very good virus program regardless of the price. Save your
money. You said nothing about the problem, just that you were very
confused. I gather you think you have a virus, but what did AVG say or
do or not do? What virus did it find that it could not fix? Did you run
Spybot Search and Destroy? Then, do. If you have a particular nasty on
the computer, write it down and then search for a fix on the net.

mysticcrimrose

I am not all that computer literate I am still learning a lot about i
so it is not hard for me to get confused. Below is what the scan tell
me

This virus abuses the security vulnerability in Java Virtual Machin
described in MS03-011, which gives posibility of runing potentiall
dangerous operation to java program (like working with files)

Trojan horse using this vulnerability changes Internet Explorer Hom
page

The fix is available on Microsoft web pages lik
WindowsUpdate.Microsoft.co

Search a virus name

Partial name

Java/ByteVerif

that is the complete message that the AVG gives me. and when I go t
where it tells me to go it is not specific enough for me to find what
need. As I said before I am still learining how to do this stuff an
can't figure it out. If you have any further suggestions I would reall
appriciate the help

Thanks mc

--
mysticcrimros
mysticcrimrose's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1108
View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=181905297

Blue

"mysticcrimrose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=11089

http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/re...0178,backpage=